What's new

Anyone willing to help a Canadian brother get into the pipe world?

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I've been pondering and researching pipes for a long time now. I am just finding it utterly overwhelming.

I have absolutely no idea what kind of pipe to get to try this out, nor the tobacco.

So, I was wondering if someone here would be interested in doing a bit of the leg work for me, for which I would pay them however they like - $$, premium cigars, a Russian mail order bride...whatever you like.

I was hoping someone could hook me up with a decent pipe and a sampler of some nice tobaccos to try out.

Like I said, I'm not looking for a freebie - I would compensate however you like.

I just feel totally lost trying to enter this game (plus, this stuff is pretty hard to find here in Canada, and when I do come across a place that has it, a tin of tobacco that costs $15 in the USA costs upwards of $50 up here).

So...PM me if you'd be up for this!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You don't need a paid helper for a good pipe and good tobacco in Canada. All you have to do is contact Blatter and Blatter in Montreal. My buddy John Gifford runs the pipe club at Blatter and Blatter and the guys there will welcome you with all the help you may need. So why not get over there if you can or call them and they'll take good care of you.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
You don't need a paid helper for a good pipe and good tobacco in Canada. All you have to do is contact Blatter and Blatter in Montreal. My buddy John Gifford runs the pipe club at Blatter and Blatter and the guys there will welcome you with all the help you may need. So why not get over there if you can or call them and they'll take good care of you.

They're out of my range, travel wise.

I tried both calling and faxing with no answer.

I'll try again tomorrow.

My offer is still open if anyone's willing.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Tried to get into pipes but never could find the time to enjoy one. May i suggest a corn cobb pipe and get a small sample of different tobacco from your local pipe shop. Good way to practice your pipe technique and see if its for you without spending a lot of money.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Here's a site you may want to check out:

http://www.boswellpipes.com/

I have several of their pipes and love their blends.
When I am at school I tend to smoke pipe tobacco much more frequently and actually bookmarked this website a long time ago after hearing praises for their blends. What blends would you recommend? I am thinking about picking up about 10 ounces (5 blends, 2oz each) to try out.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Found a local pipe and pipe tobacco shop which carries several brands of tobacco (at insanely inflated Canadian prices, due to our taxes)...

Brigham
Davidoff
Dunhill
Escudo
Germain's
Holger Danske
Macbaren
McClelland
Molinock
Orlik
Peterson
Reiner
Samuel Gawith
Skandinavik
Solani
Troost

And various bulk tobaccos.

Starting at around $8-$10 a tin.

Any of those recommended for a new smoker?