What's new

Anyone with a hookup on Bose headphones?

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I do a good amount of traveling for work and am interested in upgrading my headphones to the Bose QuietComfort 25. They are pricey though and I was wondering if anyone had a connection/hookup to possibly get them at a nicer price point.

ChefBoyRG54

BoM Sept '14 & BoY 2014
Rating - 100%
218   0   0
I do a good amount of traveling for work and am interested in upgrading my headphones to the Bose QuietComfort 25. They are pricey though and I was wondering if anyone had a connection/hookup to possibly get them at a nicer price point.
I have no hookup, but I suggest looking at the noise cancelling ear buds they released this year. Much less cumbersome than the headphones and rated better also. I have 2 pairs (apple and droid, even though it appears to not matter at all) and I think they're awesome on planes etc. Comfortable too

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I would suggest not going with bose.
Any particular reason why? Or something else you would recommend?

I'm looking at them for the noise cancelling functionality and comfort. I've used a friends and they performed brilliantly in both aspects. (Many travel sites recommend them for the NC feature as well.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I have no hookup, but I suggest looking at the noise cancelling ear buds they released this year. Much less cumbersome than the headphones and rated better also. I have 2 pairs (apple and droid, even though it appears to not matter at all) and I think they're awesome on planes etc. Comfortable too
I'm generally not a big in-ear fan for extended use, but I will check them out if I can!

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
I'm cheap... I went with Sony noise cancelling, compact headphones (can get the model # tomorrow for you)...

I'm no audiophile.. But to my untrained ear the sound quality was just as good, and the noise cancelling capability more than met my needs..

Compact and lightweight makes them great for long international flights (these have probably travelled 300,000 miles at this point).. And a price point less than half of what the Bose I was considering at the time made them the right choice for me..

But again, I would stress.. I'm no audiophile.. I just wanted something to make 14 hour flight from the US to Dubai less painful...

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I'm cheap... I went with Sony noise cancelling, compact headphones (can get the model # tomorrow for you)...

I'm no audiophile.. But to my untrained ear the sound quality was just as good, and the noise cancelling capability more than met my needs..

Compact and lightweight makes them great for long international flights (these have probably travelled 300,000 miles at this point).. And a price point less than half of what the Bose I was considering at the time made them the right choice for me..

But again, I would stress.. I'm no audiophile.. I just wanted something to make 14 hour flight from the US to Dubai less painful...
Just fly Emirates first class bro no prob

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Just fly Emirates first class bro no prob
F'in Marines... Reading is fundamental... I'm cheap! :D

(I do love flying Emirates though... probably my second favorite airline... US carriers as a general rule suck donkey balls..)..

mdwest

BoM Feb 13 - BoY 2013
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Looks like mine are Sony MDR-NC200D

Unfortunately it also looks like they are discontinued..

They can still be had though (plenty of them on Amazon, ebay, etc.. )

MSRP was about $200 back when I bought mine around 2010.. but I think they were normally selling for about $175 most places.. I remember getting my set closer to about $150 (about half the price of the bose I was looking at).. on sale at one of the electronics shops at Reagan Airport in DC.. I tried them side by side with whatever bose model they are supposed to compete with, and couldnt tell any real difference.. so I grabbed them..

Been super happy with them ever since... one of the things I forgot to mention above is the extremely long battery life.. I can typically get an entire international round trip out of them, playing them non stop (about 28-30 hours of use) on one battery..

http://www.cnet.com/products/sony-mdr-nc200d/

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDRNC200D-Noise-Canceling-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B005FVDTAW

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Let me check with my son when he gets off work tonight. He works for a company that does the custom painting for Bose. As a "for instance" he painted all of the Bose headsets that the NFL coaches have used on the sidelines for the last couple of years. I'm not sure but I think that he may have the inside track on a discount. Also not sure if how much leeway he would have on using it if someone else is making the purchase.

dscl

BoM October '14
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
Let me check with my son when he gets off work tonight. He works for a company that does the custom painting for Bose. As a "for instance" he painted all of the Bose headsets that the NFL coaches have used on the sidelines for the last couple of years. I'm not sure but I think that he may have the inside track on a discount. Also not sure if how much leeway he would have on using it if someone else is making the purchase.
Thanks man I appreciate it :)

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Sorry but I just texted him and he said "heck no....I wish."

If your interested in what he does though, follow the link that you posted in the OP and scroll down to where it says "Your Sound, Your look" and click on the section that says customized with ColorWare. (ColorWare is the name of the company that he works for). It adds about $100 to the cost but there must be plenty of people out there willing to pay for it because he's been working quite a few hours for some time now.