What's new

Appleton Estate V/X Rum

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Picked up a bottle yesterday. Not a big Rum drinker, usually drinking scotch or vodka. I decided I needed to try a rum that was of better quality than the standard Bacardi. I had some last night with an ice cube. This stuff was incredible, not the overly sweet as with the cheaper rums that I have had in the past. With the aging of this rum in oak and the flavor imparted by the oak, it seemed to be similar in flavor to my favorite scotches (with a little more sweetness). For $17 a bottle you can't go wrong.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Just picked up a bottle for 18.99. I have a cold so I'm only having a bit, tastes great and hope it kills germs too!

dre

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if you like the VS try the XO!

i did a tasting of their intire line with the master blender about a year ago. Realy nice guy, i got him to autograph my appletons hat. anyay the 12 year is a bit dryed out IMO but the XO is the BOMB!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appleton Estates is a very good rum. If you like that, might I suggest trying to find some "Black Seal" rum?

I can find it at Beverages and More, and it is only about $18 bucks or so.

Most people think that rum is something that you pour into a glass with some coke. Appleton and Black seal you might put an ice cube into.

Both are aged in burned oak barrels for a couple of years before they are bottled.....

Good stuff!

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
I brought back some appleton from Jamaica when I went there and it was awesome, but have to admit I wasted it all in rum and cokes. Pretty sure it was a low end Appleton though...

dre

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's the price on that bottle?
well i just looked it up

sorry i had my shit wrong.

the one i was talkin about is called extra not XO. and there isnt a 12 year, its a 21.
lol, there kinda similar extra-XO 12-21 :sleep:

anyway up here in the great white north the extra goes for $31.05 a bottle. to compair the VX goes for $20.35

the 21 year is $91.44:popeyes:

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
brought back a bottle of Don Rhon Gran Reserva V.S.G.R. and Barcelo Imperial from the domincan...both are superb.

They are the first rums I have tried which I can actually put in a tumbler with an ice cube or two, sip and enjoy!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I had this straight tonight. I think I would enjoy one cube just to bring the temp down a bit

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Not a big rum drinker at all... But I may have to try this out... To many nights of Bacardi ruined it for me

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Appleton Estates is a very good rum. If you like that, might I suggest trying to find some "Black Seal" rum?

I can find it at Beverages and More, and it is only about $18 bucks or so.

Most people think that rum is something that you pour into a glass with some coke. Appleton and Black seal you might put an ice cube into.

Both are aged in burned oak barrels for a couple of years before they are bottled.....

Good stuff!
Agreed- Picked up a bottle of "Black Seal" a few weeks ago upon someone's recomendation. Still like the Appleton's best.

Maybe a taste test in on order for tonight :bottle:

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I gotta find some of what you guys are talking about...something closer to my affordability right now...since I'm still very slowly working into scotches due to the prices and my infrequent partaking of smokes or drinks as of late (more dental work)