What's new

Are people stocking up?

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
StogieJim is getting lots of questions. It seems that a couple of people are having a hard time believing that he is experiencing draw problems. While I am not doubting StogieJim, I do want to pipe in and say that CC's are made to very high standards. While Cuba may be a country that struggles with it's standard of living, they do make top quality cigars. They are very well educated and they know what needs to be done to maintain their well earned reputation. There is good reason that CC's are renowned for not just their taste, but also their quality. Since all cigars produced in Cuba are controlled by one parent company, they can insure consistent quality standards across the brands. The same can't be said for all NC's.

BTW, I'm a fan of CC's.
Still doesn't change my fact (before Jfire chimes in :) ) that a significant percent of the ccs I smoke have draw issues. By significant, I mean 12.5-25 percent.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I agree the 14s and 15s are unusually good.

I also have to point out that across the whole of my time smoking (1995-present, but particularly a lot in the last 3 years, smoking sticks from the years 2000 and forward) there is no question that NCs are on average better constructed than CCs. I would call the ratio of plugged CCs I have experienced to plugged NCs at 5-1 easily.

That said, I think we all love a good CC. I also think the CC quality control is getting better. But NCs are still better on average.

I personally think the end of the embargo is going to be great for quality in the long run, and bad for both quality and availability in the short run.

Hoshneer

Drew Estate NotRex
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Honestly when certain CC are on they are f*&king amazing balls but the problem I have is I can get a good box and then get an entire box of shit that tastes off. It ruins it for me sometimes.

shadowcam

BoM April '14
Rating - 100%
262   0   0
Construction issues kills a lot of my love love for CCs. For example, people hype up the PL Encantos all the time and I have yet to smoke one to the half way point. The draw is just so bad on these. I've bought my own box and have been gifted quite a few and they all up the same way. Tossed after an inch or two.

If you guys have been stocking up, what smokes have you guys been getting? For me, I can't get enough HU RRs or RA sups. Always draws well and the flavors are always on point.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Jokes aside... no cigar should be so tight that a humid humidor plugs it. These are made in fucking Cuba, for fuck's sake! An average day there is WAY over the 65%RH we keep our sticks at.

But don't listen to me. As the Cuban-born cigar roller Hamlet Paredes said when asked what humidity he stores his cigars...

"Motherfucker. All of Cuba is a humidor! I just keep them in a box!"

One should never *need* to drybox a cigar, or change your storage in order to enjoyably smoke one. That's just code for "badly rolled."

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Jokes aside... no cigar should be so tight that a humid humidor plugs it. These are made in fucking Cuba, for fuck's sake! An average day there is WAY over the 65%RH we keep our sticks at.

But don't listen to me. As the Cuban-born cigar roller Hamlet Paredes said when asked what humidity he stores his cigars...

"Motherfucker. All of Cuba is a humidor! I just keep them in a box!"

One should never *need* to drybox a cigar, or change your storage in order to enjoyably smoke one. That's just code for "badly rolled."
Is that the guy who's putting cigars out thru Rocky Patel?

:)