What's new

Are shipments taking extra long nowadays?

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I’m stuck sitting in the batch that hit Chicago 05/26. Looks like I’ve got a little bit more of a wait to look forward to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
My last order from April just landed in Chicago customs. Hopefully won't be long.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
My last order from April just landed in Chicago customs. Hopefully won't be long.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I've got an order in this same batch (from Australia)

Unfortunately Chicago customs has also been a choke point lately. A couple of my older orders were stuck there for 2 weeks and the most recent shipment sat there for a little over a month.

Rupe

Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I've got an order in this same batch (from Australia)

Unfortunately Chicago customs has also been a choke point lately. A couple of my older orders were stuck there for 2 weeks and the most recent shipment sat there for a little over a month.
Well you could have knocked me over with a feather when I went down to the mailbox this afternoon. This box arrived today!

My guess is that it was actually sitting in Chicago all this time but tracking didn’t update when it hit the US so it looked like it was still in Brisbane.

Considering it took just under 2 months to get here, I am extremely happy to finally see it.

Sent from my iPhone using that Tapatalk Thingy

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
My guess is that it was actually sitting in Chicago all this time but tracking didn’t update when it hit the US so it looked like it was still in Brisbane.
You might be onto something - I had one that showed as stuck in Brisbane since 4-30, just popped up last night in Chicago but hasn’t cleared yet - and this is where it gets fun, I had 2 orders from the same vendor arrive yesterday - one from 4-16 and one from 5-10, while the one that just popped up last night was from 4-19.

But, it’s not just the Aussie boxes that are showing up out of order, the ones shipping from Hungary are doing the same - I’ve received orders placed on 5-11 and 5-13, but I’m still waiting on a box ordered 5-1, which showed as stuck in Budapest since 5-8 until it turned up today in Grand Rapids. So it could be the USPS but if it is, it’s not limited to Chicago

Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I had 2 boxes of PLP shoe up a couple of days ago that I ordered 6 wks prior. It’s usually 2-3 wks from the same vendor. I know some businesses have been legitimately impacted by the Rona, but I feel many are using it as an excuse to slack off and cut corners.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Still have an order out that started on its way on April 29. Against my better judgment I made another order on Thursday. We'll see how that goes. :cigar:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had an order stuck in L.A. for over two months. The vendor contacted me a couple days ago and said my box had arrived back at their office. Said they’re going to resend it :cautious:. A few days before this they were going to send a replacement box which made me happy but now I’ll getting cigars that have been in shitty conditions, unhumidified, for months. Bummer.

Rupe

Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Looks like things are getting back to normal but are at least starting to move again.

I placed an order on 6/3 that left Australia on 6/12. It cleared customs yesterday (6/25) and was in and out of the LA distribution center today. It sure will be refreshing to get an order in less than a month!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a good one.

Ordered 5/25, it shipped from Australia 6/16, cleared customs 6/17, arrived in LA 6/27, languished there until 7/1 when it departed (get this) and was shipped back to Australia, departed (no arrival just the departure) Sydney 7/3. I've received nothing since. What a bummer. I've been in contact with the vendor but there's not much that can be done just yet than to wait for them to hopefully get them back.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Here's a good one.

Ordered 5/25, it shipped from Australia 6/16, cleared customs 6/17, arrived in LA 6/27, languished there until 7/1 when it departed (get this) and was shipped back to Australia, departed (no arrival just the departure) Sydney 7/3. I've received nothing since. What a bummer. I've been in contact with the vendor but there's not much that can be done just yet than to wait for them to hopefully get them back.
It cleared customs?? I have one going back to Australia - received by Canada Post 6-9 and still in transit back to Oz - but the vendor re-shipped and I received the replacement pretty quickly

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It cleared customs?? I have one going back to Australia - received by Canada Post 6-9 and still in transit back to Oz - but the vendor re-shipped and I received the replacement pretty quickly
According to the tracking history it did.

The vendor said that once they received the package they inspect them, place them back into their humidor for a couple days, repackage with a boveda pack and send them back to me again. Sounds like a good plan to me, I just wish they get them back sooner vs. later though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I need a little advice.
I made my first order with a vendor that is new to me.

I ordered 4 boxes (H Upmann and Part) . All have mold issues. The Parties were not to bad, I could wipe them off... but the sir winstons have a few that don't look so good . However the feet all look fine.
They shipped from Hungary a month ago.

I haven't ever had to send an order back. I feel like if I do, I may just get more of the same. Thinking I'll just wipe everything off and freeze them. I would love to hear your thoughts!?!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Ok I need a little advice.
I made my first order with a vendor that is new to me.

I ordered 4 boxes (H Upmann and Part) . All have mold issues. The Parties were not to bad, I could wipe them off... but the sir winstons have a few that don't look so good . However the feet all look fine.
They shipped from Hungary a month ago.

I haven't ever had to send an order back. I feel like if I do, I may just get more of the same. Thinking I'll just wipe everything off and freeze them. I would love to hear your thoughts!?!
Idk if freezing does anything for mold; maybe someone else can answer that.

I use 2 vendors that ship from Hungary - one Swiss and one Hong Kong, both are popular vendors around here. I’m assuming it was one of those that you ordered from? If so, I think customer service will treat you right. That said, I think the pandemic has been hard on the Swiss vendor, and for whatever reason(s) they seem to be outsourcing a lot of work so to speak, and seem to have less direct control over what’s going on - I would still let them know if it was bad enough though, especially on something fancy like SW.

I would also store the moldies separate from the rest - no point in introducing mold spores to your storage.

Can we get a pic?