What's new

Are these legit?

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Hard to say for sure. :dunno:
The hologram makes me nervous, unless they were bought IN Cuba.
Plus I didn't see a box code on the D4's.

First impression: Fakaroonies :crytears:

Where did you get them? (PM me if you want to)

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Exactly what 40boy said. The hologram, which is on cigars purchased in cuba, makes me nervous and the lack of a box-code on the PSD#4's is very suspicious. Not to mention the first two letters on the warranty seal are DB and that would put the box-age around '01/'02. The warranty seals first started being number in January of 2000 and started with AA and so forth...

PM for place you purchased if need be :thumbsup:

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
There is a date code on the D4's...you got to zoom in on it around the "En" in Hecho En Cuba. loos like DAT, EAT, something like that. I can't fully make it out, but the last 2 numbers kinda look like 00

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
'99 and a hologram? That isn't possible is it? If it was bought in Cuba, would they put the holo on it regardless of the date of manufacture?

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
sorry dude,

I can tell you that you got burned on the double coronas based on what I see in your pictures:

- the wooden box comes enclosed in an outer cardboard box , which has the warranty seal, the habanos and the edicion limitada 2003 chevron, and the box code.

- that box shouldn't have the new habanos s.a. chevron that reads "denominacion de origen protegida"

- the font on "havana, cuba" is off

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
the psd4s are fake as well. notice that the serial number on both boxes just happen to start with "db".

there is no way that a box that what supposedly sealed in '99 (as the code on the psd4s indicate) would have a similar serial number sequence as a box that was released late '02 and 2003 as the double coronas were.

edit: caught were cliff mentioned the "db" in the s/n sequence as well :thumbsup:

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
cliff spotted the "db" on the psd4s first.

one of my projects for my future website www.cigarcentric.org [shameless plug] is an updated "fakes" section with pictorial proof.

I don't know if you guys remembered the similar ones I did with the millennium edition about a year ago. I might try to dig up that post. something similar like that. but someone here brought up a good point, that might just give counterfeiters another weapon to take advantage of people.

pharmgator -- I doubt you'll be able to get a refund, so if you want you can send them to me so I can take some pictures of them so I can show side-by-side proof to educate newbies.

GuyMcBeerdrinker

poonsmith
Rating - 90%
20   2   1
I dug up that old post

if you have troulbe viewing, this is what I wrote:

fake is on the right, genuine article on the left. first you'll notice the obvious length differences.

upon closer inspection you'll notice some discrepancies on their bands

1. the golden arch bordering the top half of the authentic cigar is thinner than the counterfeit version. you'll also notice that it is also thinner than the bottom half of it. whereas, the fake one has the same width top and bottom.

2. the gray detailing on the genuine band is not the same width as it's golden continuation. you don't see this same transitional step on the fake cigar.

3. the authentic cigar has the correct spelling. you'll notice that on the fake one they left out an "n" in "millennium"

4. as pointed out earlier. the bottom half of the golden arch is wider at the bottom on the authentic cigar. it is the same lenght, both top and bottom on the rip off

5. although, not easily noticeable the habanos leaf logo on the authentic has dark blue veins on the top half of the logo, and the bottom half is black (just like the leaf logo on the chevrons in boxes!). the veins on the fake one are black and very thin and not very uniform.

6. the grey stripe under the "habanos 2000" logo on the counterfeit version is thicker than the genuine article.

that's a basic idea of what I'm contemplating on doing with my "fakes vs. real" gallery

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Just got done reading the thread. I'll say this much...the 'fiters are really good. I bought a 5 pack of Monte EL Robustos once...I would like to say that it was for shits and giggles...but it wasn't. Cost me $45 2 years ago. Everything looked real, but I didn't know as much as I do now.

I still have 1 or 2 left if you want one Guy.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
GuyMcBeerdrinker said:
five 5pk as carton, or a 5er of loose cigars?
As a carton. Really nicely done too. I wish I still had one around to send you.

The only problem that I noticed as a novice was that the band was glued on with some kind of "Blue Glue" that peeled of really easily.