What's new

Are these prices for real?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The GOF are anywhere from $18 to $30 apiece so that sounds inline.

Are they worth it?:bickering:dunno:

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
is that for real?? are they even worth it?
My $.02...

NO

OK, samplers/sticks like this look pretty and impressive sitting in the humi. But!...I haven`t smoked a stick in that price range (CC or NC) yet that lived up to my expectations. Plenty of more reasonably priced stuff out there that`ll knock your socks off.

If I had a bit more disposable income, I might pick up a few of the rare/high $/eye-candy cigars from time to time. But until then, it`s all about the smokin`, Bro!

:smokingme:smokingbo:smokingco:awholelot

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
My $.02...

NO

OK, samplers/sticks like this look pretty and impressive sitting in the humi. But!...I haven`t smoked a stick in that price range (CC or NC) yet that lived up to my expectations. Plenty of more reasonably priced stuff out there that`ll knock your socks off.

If I had a bit more disposable income, I might pick up a few of the rare/high $/eye-candy cigars from time to time. But until then, it`s all about the smokin`, Bro!

:smokingme:smokingbo:smokingco:awholelot

I tend to agree, I really did enjoy the GOF I had but I do not think I will be buying anymore. I find a lot better cigars that are not as expensive. But do try one it is a good cigar.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I like that they sell some of the high-end cigars as samplers. It's tough to justify the $$ for a box of sticks you haven't tried, and it's just as tough to drop a stack of cash on one stick. So I like that I can go mid-range and not feel too bad about it.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
There is a poll on the GOF with more oppions

http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=20361

If you watch cigarbid they go for low 20's most of the time. I like the Carlito a lot.

As for the Special Opus X sizes (aged) I bought that exact set on cigarbid for $101. I don't know that they are worth it more that the regular Opus x as far as how good it smokes, but they are more sought after by those who also like prestige. Some of the Opus X boxed cigars like the Forbidden, are also a different cigar flavor than the standard. So if you want to say, Yea I tired that, you have to say Yea, I'll pay that.