What's new

Arizona summers and a humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok AZ BOTL's, and anyone else whom wants to pitch in their two cents; I am worried about high humidor temps during the summer months. What do you guys do to fight the heat in your humis?

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Making the jump to a wine-a-dor might be your best bet. Unless that's downsizing for you, then i believe there's a number of people here who know about temp control in cabinets - not me, however.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Making the jump to a wine-a-dor might be your best bet. Unless that's downsizing for you, then i believe there's a number of people here who know about temp control in cabinets - not me, however.
or unless someone buys the last one before you :pimp1:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been looking at the newair wine coolers. Makes sense, since you are able to control the temp. I have a regular 50ct. Humidor right now, but im looking at upgrading soon. I do like the style of the wineadors. Perhaps I will go in that direction.

As for now, any suggestions as to where I should keep my cigars? In a dark closet perhaps? Thanks guys.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We don't at least. Guess ill just put them in the fridge.

Perhaps ill suck it up til I order a newair. It'll go in my new man cave anyway, so noise won't be an issue when its running.

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I don't worry so much about temp because I keep my humidity around 65%. The house is kept at 78* but the humidity is low enough to not worry about bugs.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
We don't at least. Guess ill just put them in the fridge.

Perhaps ill suck it up til I order a newair. It'll go in my new man cave anyway, so noise won't be an issue when its running.
I can't speak for most brands, but my Vinotemp is pretty much silent. It's right in the living/dining/kitchen of our RV. I have it run through an ETC, and the only thing you ever hear from it, is the beep from when the ETC gives it power, and the unit turns on. I've never once heard the fan in it.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
We rarely get more than a few days of 90 deg heat where i live but Back when i just had a 50ct i would put the whole humidor in a cooler and toss in an small ice pack. in your case though wineador is probably your best bet.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I keep mine around 65% as well. So, temp is not a huge issue?

@TravelingJ, I read some reviews about the newair aw280e, I think that's the npopular one to convert to a wineador. Some peeps say its noisy when it kicks on. Ill read into it more.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
I live in NY and placed an order for a cabinet with a cooling unit 3 weeks ago. I do have adequate air conditioning in my house, but I may not live here forever and just did not want to risk it.

slave2theaxe

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I didn't feel like paying the electric bill to keep my house below 75 during the summer, so I eventually went wineador. I have an Edgestar 28 that runs like a champ.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that Edgestar is a good deal cheaper than the new 280e. On amazon anyways. Yeah, I guess ill have to find me a wine cooler and start a conversion. Id like to at least have room for a couple boxes and some singles. Plus the wineadors look awesome. Thanks for all the input guys.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I live in the DR, and here the temps are usually above 80F...I store my humidors in my closet, which is always lower than my house. Plus, when I use the A/C, it cools off my room. Try the basement, or go wineador.