What's new

Armored Humidors/Travel Cases

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't know anything about them, but Cigar Caddy/Otter Box products seem at a quick glance to be less expensive and are generally considered to be great products.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Oh the otters are certainly less money. I've never seen anyone with these products though. They look pretty cool to have a lighter carrier.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Armored is made by Pelican, one of the foremost makers of high-end plastic cases. I have a 15 cigar model that I travel with and have never had a problem or reason to complain. It is superbly designed and truly "armored". I have used a lot of Pelican products over the years, mostly their gun and equipment cases and I doubt you will find a better product on the market.

Having said that, I will add that I have not used the Otter, which appears to be an excellent product as well. I bought my Pelican quite some time ago before I was aware of the Otter. Tower Cigars had the best price I could find when I bought the Armored. Ask for Mark Just.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Ultra-protective, water tight, lockable and they come with the sponge trays for your smokes. Mine holds 15 Churchills. Truth be told, I can probably get 30 - 40 cigars in there if I am careful and take out the trays. As long as you know the carrier is not going to receive any rough treatment, you can do that.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
The Armored was my humidor before I built the walk in. Never gave me any trouble and the humi paks lasted forever and a day. The interesting thing about the Armored was the valve. Allows for 2 way humidification. Nice boxes.