What's new

Around the world in 80 Meals

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
So partly because I'm going to do a lot of these, but mostly because I keep forgetting where we have been, decided to make this a stand alone thread so I can see what corners of the world we've been to quickly.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since the Mrs and I have been settled down with a mortgage and a couple of kids and we can't afford to travel on the one wage we have theme nights. So we pick a country or province and cook legitimate food from the region. Wine and dine and even make a Spotify playlist from the country.

Tonight I'm taking Mel to Tuscany, so for starters we have Asiago Dip with Crostini. A nice young Sangiovese to start for a smooth pairing.

I'll keep you up to date with the other two courses. You guys should try some time it's a great experience and a nice way to impress the Mrs!

Second course, Cannelloni Al Brodo, where is the sauce you ask? Another westernised myth, in Tuscany a lot of the time they make Cannelloni from Proscuitto, Mortadella, Italian Sausage and Parmiagano (hell of a mince) and just top it with Parmesan. Went for a Super Tuscan with the main for a bit more body to get the senses ready for dessert, and the night is just getting better!

And the red wine flows... A perfect end to a perfect evening (I don't do dessert, prefer a good smoke) for the Mrs. SCHIACCIATA FIORENTINA in the shape of yep you guessed it. The point icing on the literal cake!

Around the world in 80 meals! Round 2!

So you might remember a post a while ago where I mentioned me and the Mrs have theme nights in lieu of travelling.

Tonight we landed in Chili!
For entree Prawns with Salsa Mariscal and Borgońa (Chilean Sangria).

For main Twice cooked Chilean style stuffed potatoes and a nice red.

And dessert Alfajores and Monkey tail served hot along with a great stick thanks to @@Senor Perfecto Futuro!

Around the world in 80 Meals Round 3!

Ding ding!

Tonight Melanie and I visited Japan.

For Entree a traditional Miso Soup. Glass of Sake to wash it down.

Main: Pork Katsu Curry over rice with pickled Red Radish, White Mountain cocktails for refreshment.

Snuck an L40 in between main and dessert, big thanks to @@Zmilin and @@joe45

And dessert Deep Fried Mango Coconut Ice cream balls with Chocolate butter sauce. In future I think I'll stick to utilising the deep frier for one course only lol!

Fuller than a fat girls sock! Night BOTL

Around the world in 80 meals round 4!

The Mrs and I pulled up a stool in a dusty pub in Ireland tonight.

First up for Entree, Irish Nachos with spuds instead of corn chips.

Next a traditional favourite, boiled bacon with mash, cabbage and parsley sauce. A buddy of mine who happens to be Irish cured the bacon too, which made it extra tasty.

Finally for dessert baked up a guinness chocolate cake! Delish.

A good evening had indeed.

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Round 5 all!

Tonight we went to China.

Entree was a bit of a cheat with home cooked prawn crackers.
IMG_2790.JPG
The only reason I cheated though was because I spent the entire day doing the other two courses and literally run out of time.

For main steamed sticky rice wraps in bamboo leaf. Meant to be in lotus leaf but I could only get bamboo. These were damn tasty. Will make them again.
IMG_2792.JPG
IMG_2795.JPG
And what took even bloody longer for dessert were these Dim Sum Custard Buns from scratch. Laborious AF! But pretty tasty.
IMG_2791.JPG

Lotsa drinks and more points on the board!

Wǎn'ān

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Wow, brother! Very impressive indeed!
I made the mistake of telling my better half what you do for your better half with these meals you make.
I wish I would have thought that one out a little more................
You could tell her it's a two way street? It's not but it might get you off the hook haha. Just say when you do it for me I'll do it for you :LOL:

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Where are you getting all these exotic and (presumably) authentic recipes?
Just googling. I'm sure they aren't all 100% authentic. For instance those sticky rice wraps are my favourite at yum Cha so I googled and found a Chinese grandma making them on YouTube. That's about as much authenticity validation I can give. :ROFLMAO:

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Good job man. it ain't easy to lose that's for sure. I stopped trying to diet so much (cos I always failed) and just upped my excercise. It's worked and I get to keep eating what I like haha.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Diets do not work if they did Weight Watcher would not have so many replete customers. Life style changes work.