What's new

Arturo Fuente Anejo 77 - Shark

Fourtotheflush

BoM Apr 12'
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Arturo Fuente Anejo 77 - Maduro

So Ive been on a bit of an AF kick lately.
Out of the past 10 or so sticks I have smoked I would say 7 or 8 have been AF.

I smoke this one Saturday night outside with some friends in between poker games. (I was knocked out early:argh:).

So this cigar is
5 7/8 X 64

So the cigar is called the shark due to its unique size.
It is a box press at the 64 foot that tapers down to a rounded 46-48 pyramid head, creating a unique look.

The look of the cigar is BEAUTIFUL:lady:! One of the best looking cigars I have had or seen:crosseyed. Jet black without any visible veins or seams. I didnt do a huge inspection of it as I wanted to get right to the good parts!

(insert here that it took a few harrowing seconds to undo the tape that holds the red ribbon together on the foot.)

I lit up this cigar and the draw was a bit tight and had to take another nip off.

I lit up this cigar and was immediately hit with a flavor I dont ever recall getting from any cigar: Molasses:starrylov! This was the dominant flavor for about the 1st inch. The cigar was full flavor with a rich chewy mouth feel of the smoke.

After about the 1st inch the sweetness was still there but is was a little more muted and a fruit flavor came in the I really cannot describe if it was fruit or not. Along with a sweet chocolate, almost dark chocolate. If I would have been put to a test I would have siad it was dark covered dried fruit. Either apricot or cherries....

But wow was this cigar delicious.

The burn at no point was anywhere near razor sharp. Most of the time it was waving and wonky.

About the half way point the sweetness really subsided and the flavors were mainly dark. Dark cocoa, coffee....It almost tasted like smoking a dark wood stained furniture! But in a really GOOD WAY -

OK that doesnt make much sense, but when I smoked this I was drinking a bit

-
I smoked this down past the band until the last inch or so until it got bitter.

I definatly did my best to hot box :ccowboy:this thing as I smoked it in a little under or about 1:30.

So this cigar was one of the best cigars I have ever had.
Medium in body(strength), but FULL in flavor
I would recommend smoking them at most price points!

I did get this from a BOTL, but didnt record who it came from!
(ill have to research it a little bit and get back to you guys)

But to whom gave this cigar to me ! THANK YOU.
I am now a huge fan of this one!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great review. I also get some dried fruit tastes with Anejo's.

I also want to point out that the Sharks are not box pressed but are rolled in a round to square technique by one particularly skilled roller at the Fuente Factory.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It is a cigar that is rolled like a typical boxpress comes of the rollers table round. The Sharks on the other hand are put into a round to square mold and then the wrapper is applied and therefore have the round to square look straight from the rollers table.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Well shucks, now I have to go to my b&m and pick up an Anejo or two. You guys are such horrible influences! :bouncetau