What's new

Arturo Fuente: don’t know what I don’t know

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I was going to go into a long speal on palets and differences etc etc, but I'll spare you all the torcher. One thing I will say is I've noticed alot of Fuentes taste completly different with some age. Opus X for instance... A young Opus X is typically nothing special in fact may not even be enjoyable l, but give that sicker a few years of aging and it's a completly different cigar. I've noticed this with Hemmingway and Don Carlos as well. But, at the end of the day it could all come down to you personal preference and your individual palet. One thjngs for sure smoke what you like and like what you smoke regardless of what others are smoking. Good to give new things a try every once and a while too, for instance I'd highly recommend putting a new opus x in the bottom of your humidor and forget about it for 3-4 years then rediscover it in 2022 or something and give it a shot again.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
I like the Hemingway Maddies either rott or a long long sleep. Something in the middle just duds for some reason. I love the anejo and 858 and the short stories are good short smokes. The whole opus thing is the nastalgia of a Dominican puro as the wrapper is near impossible to grow 40 years ago. They are super delicate and sweet. The smallest change In your palette will muddle it all out. Worth msrp? If you love their history and a the light honey notes.... maybe? It's all my preference. Power rangers are great imo but I like a Spicey bold profile that smooths out. Lost cities at 40.00 a pop are just way to freaking much. A lot of the hype is the look at me Vegas baller kinda additude. They sell well on sale and through deals

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Then don't start smoking the Las Calaveras line of cigars....or Don Francisco....they will ruin you for other cigar brands.
I’ve smoked some of the Las Calaveras and was underwhelmed. But that’s why they make so many cigars, right? Different tastes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Definitely subjective. 100%

I love the Short Stories, Work of Art and 858 Sungrowns. The rest are hit or miss for me. Find something else :) There are *plenty* of options out there

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
We all have different palates brother, that's all their really is to know.

As far as AF goes, I always have a box Hemingway Signatures and Opus Petite Lances in my humidor.

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I like 858sg alright but have other cheap sticks I'd rather smoke, I like DC but have other 10 dollar sticks I'd rather smoke...I think opus is good but not that special for the price. The anejo and the dcpr however are fantastic in my opinion. Htf/expensive but great for special occasion smokes.

That being said I'd almost always go with a different stick in similar price range even for the anejo and dcpr level stuff.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Guys, I had a second Opus X (Opus X) and I was impressed! The thing was delicious after 6 months of rest!
How do I get a hand on these at a decent price?

Rating - 100%
68   0   0
I love me some Fuente’s. I’ve had smokes I’ve enjoyed more than them but they are always a solid choice. There are like a Dave Matthews album, there might be some better music out there but it’s hard to find another album that you can play through and enjoy all of. I’ve yet to smoke a Fuente I didn’t enjoy. On the how to get Opus at a good price question, trade with peeps who have a few and don’t love um.

Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Guys, I had a second Opus X (Opus X) and I was impressed! The thing was delicious after 6 months of rest!
How do I get a hand on these at a decent price?
Fuentemania at holts. Smoke everything else you got in your humi and smoke opus with years of age... thank me in 2021 (at least)

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Whats the general opinion on the destino lanceros? I've had one kicking around in my humi for years, but halfwheel says they start to lose their touch after a while.

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
One man's trash is another man's treasure and vice versa. I've never smoked one so I can't comment on them specifically but I know that you won't like everything others will rave about. I try not to get too swayed by hype but it's not always easy.