Filler: Dominican Republic
Binder: Dominican Republic
Wrapper: Connecticut Broadleaf
Connecticut Shade
United States
Color: Multiple
Strength: Medium
Shape: Perfecto

This has been in my humidor for 175 days @ 65%. I will say at the onset that a big part of my passion for the leaf is not only smoking but locating rare and hard to find cigars and was thrilled to have found a couple of these. I also must add that I recently received one in a bomb from Jeff (jwintosh) and he estimates it having around 10 years on it.

Appearance/Construction 10/10
This stick is a definite eye catcher with its Dos Capas “barberpole” and tapered foot. The construction was as flawless as I’ve seen form any stick. Both wrappers were consisting color with no blotches and no veins to speak of. The fill was extremely good with no soft spots and just a touch of give when gently squeezed. The cap cut very easily and cleanly.

Smoking Caharcteristics 20/20
I love a tapered lot as the skill of the roller is displayed when the burn line starts even in the taper and remains even throughout the barrel which it did. No touchups were needed. The draw was perfect and produced very abundant plumes of smoke. It toasted and took flame very well and the burn rate was perfect with the smoke lasting just about an hour.

Flavor/Aroma 25/35
The pre-light aroma was a very prominent wet grass/barnyard and sweet tobacco. The flavor is where I felt it fell somewhat short. I found a bitterness throughout and not much complexity. Throughout the transitions there was not much flavor development and the bitterness lingered on my palate. There was some slight spice and a flavor of slight char but didn’t pick up much else.

Overall Summary 25/35
I was a little underwhelmed and a bit disappointed with this especially given not only its rarity but the price point as well. I am looking forward to trying the one I received from Jeff to see what effect some serious age has on it.

Total 8031516FB5-FF4D-4E40-8402-9E52910B5B71.jpeg

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I had the chance to pick these up but passed on them. Definitely looking forward to an aged review.

redneck_toy

Fuente Fanboy
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I've smoked a couple young ones that were a tad bitter, but find they are fantastic after a few months (more) rest. Thanks for the review