What's new

As requested: Pics and descriptions of my internship at Vera Wang.

Shmear

Megan the Great
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Ok, so I am doing an internship in Manhattan, NY, at Vera Wang (she's been a muse to me since junior high school). I do a lot of pattern making (it's pretty much a lay out so that it can be cut to the shape of it and be sewn and have a final product of what ever clothing piece is designed), inventory's, cataloging the newest designs that come in, I also check the quality of all the shipments that come in and I also place orders, I send out swatches to all different types of company's and stores that sell bridal gowns, I pick up and drop off errands, I sew labels on the fancy belts that come with the dresses and lastly, I make appliques for the gowns.

So... I'll post a pic and describe what I did on the following dresses. Shall we?

So in this one I helped draw out the pleats of decoration (meaning all that design you see hanging from the dress connected to the bust design)

Ok, so I'm gonna break it down for you guys so you understand what I'm saying and not speak in chinese: We have the top piece (smooth), the middle (pleated) and the bottom (tulle in black and white). I made the layout of the middle piece. Note: that is the actual building that I am working in.

Ok, the big fluf part at the bottom? That's the skirt... and yes, I made the whole layout (not the sewing part! just the layout). Took me a full 6 hours to do and I was rewarded by the house designer with a compliment I will never forget: "You're pattern looks majestic". The dudes name is Tomasz Kabala, I don't that he may be the next designer of the company when Vera retires.

And last but not least, I helped make the layout of that bottom mish mash you guys see... try using your imagination for a second; in that mish mash there are flowers and they have embroidery in them (appliques). 3 days straight we worked on the layout of the flowers and one full day on the appliques... My fingers ache LOL.

Thank you all for your attention.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
dayum girl!! you've been busy! absolutely gorgeous. i'll be sure to show Stefanie. if you get time, try and hook up w tuba for a smoke while you're in town!

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Fantastic news Meg...Glad to see your following your dreams and things are going well. Your work is very nice and Hopefully having Vera Wang on your resume will take you where you want to go.
Good job!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Very cool. Nice to see young people who are driven by a passion. No matter what you may hear, hard work does pay off.