What's new

Atlantic VIP Club

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I'm curious, too. I've asked around other forums and never heard from anyone who'd taken the plunge. I used to buy more from them in the past, however. Not much lately.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
the people I talk to who order from them on a regular basis couldn't be happier with it. You get an early crack at some HTF stuff and the customer service and shipping are always top notch. You call and you get to speak to the guy who is shipping your sticks. They're prices are always good and they're a sponsor.... I think I just talked myself into joining.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
the people I talk to who order from them on a regular basis couldn't be happier with it. You get an early crack at some HTF stuff and the customer service and shipping are always top notch. You call and you get to speak to the guy who is shipping your sticks. They're prices are always good and they're a sponsor.... I think I just talked myself into joining.
I've wondered about this as well, keep us posted if you take the plunge:). I've come close to doing this as well, but its the $150 required per order for the free shipping that has stopped me in the past, if they lowered that I might have joined.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I've wondered about this as well, keep us posted if you take the plunge:). I've come close to doing this as well, but its the $150 required per order for the free shipping that has stopped me in the past, if they lowered that I might have joined.
That's exactly why I haven't done it yet either. If I got free shipping on every order, I'd be all over it.

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
Oh, I didn't read that part. Makes sense, the people I've heard talk about it are the kind of people who wouldn't place an order for less that 150, so I guess it really dosen't matter much to them. It does to me though.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the heck. I just joined after reading this thread. I figure $60, I've spent more on a box of cigars on a whim that I ended up not liking, probably dozens of times, so wtf. After they confirmed my membership I logged on real quick. I had ordered a box of Espinosa Habano Robustos a few days ago at $99.95, but with the club membership, and logged in, it shows up at $90.95, so almost 10% off. Not bad. Not sure if that's a straight % across the board for all brands, but it's more than I expected to see.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Both markjr and pauldotcom (from the podcast) have been using it quite a bit this past year. The discounts have been pretty good and they made the annual fee back within a few box purchases. Take it for what it is worth but I plan on joining once the bonus check comes the end of this month.

Add in the fact they are a sponsor, easy to navigate site, and up to date inventory, good selection, and I have to give 600g props. One of my favorite online retailers.

~Tim

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I've had my membership almost a year now, and it's worth it to me because the prices are decent compared to other online outlets. Also, they send a VIP newsletter about HTFs coming out the day before, I just wish I could get free shipping as a member no matter what I buy, but still worth it. I've been happy with it. Will most likely renew for a 2nd year.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
I've had my membership almost a year now, and it's worth it to me because the prices are decent compared to other online outlets. Also, they send a VIP newsletter about HTFs coming out the day before, I just wish I could get free shipping as a member no matter what I buy, but still worth it. I've been happy with it. Will most likely renew for a 2nd year.
are they HTFs that are not listed on the website or HTFs that are listed as out of stock?

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
are they HTFs that are not listed on the website or HTFs that are listed as out of stock?
it's both. When 'The Mummy' first came out, they added that to the list, and mentioned it in the newsletter. Now, sold out. There have been other items that they get in stock from time to time, like Liga Privada Unicos, and AF Anejo Sharks. It varies.

themoneycollector

Ermagherd Sergarse
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
It's been a while since I've ordered from Atlantic. Their prices used to be among the lowest but then they raised their prices about the same time as they announced their VIP club (also about the time when they won retailer of the year on rich's site if anyone remembers that). I think the price raising was a by-product of the increased traffic at the time.

But they were always top notch and fast & well-packaged shipping. I guess you would have to order about 5-10 boxes per year to make up the membership fees.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Atlantic is top-notcked.

I don't know $60.00 if you save 10% on orders, you'd have to order $600.00 to be break even or in $150.00 orders probably spend $450.00 for break even with free shipping. A lot of other places do free shipping or discount on box purchases. So I'm not a VIP there.

Personally, I use Atlantic, Holts (from Philly originally), Tampa Humidor and my local B&M where I have a locker. If one of those 4 can't get the cigar I want, I know I'm not going to get it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The VIP membership has saved me a lot of $ on box purchases and I have enjoyed the priveledges. However, I have found that many HTF's are rarely in stock and when they are they limit purchases to two sticks per order.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
In case someone searches this thread at some point, here is my take... The VIP Club is definitely worth it if you buy by the box. Some boxes are discounted by 50 bucks or more. I have been in the club for 8 months and have saved about $400 so far. Atlantic's description of the club is bullshit though. You never receive email special offers and you don't get first dibs on special releases. You get a big discount on many cigars they sell, particularly boxes. Worth it to me, but ymmv.