What's new

ATTN Blackberry Users!

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Rocking the Bold 9900 and loving it! The torch is nice but the slide out keyboard takes done getting used to.
+1 Had the torch but never used the slide keypad only on-screen.

Started off on the og iphone hardware unlocked, then went to bold 9000, then to torch 9700, and now 9900 with a pb. Work phone is a curve 8310 something.

My name is Stogiecidal and I'm a crackberry addict...

Last edited:

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I email and browse the web almost exclusively through my phone. Also, I'll say again, I'm not at all interested in the iPhone. Plus, I'm on T-Mobile so it isn't available anyway.
I used to feel the same way, apple hater on t-mobile... Dumping the BB and going to the 4s was the best choice I have made after going through 2 BB's. 2 days in to it I thought "so this is what an actual smartphone is!". Only thing going for BB was BBM, but there are a few chat apps that work fine and are cross platform as well. My email is actually better on the iPhone than it was on the BB. I thought I would have issues with fat fingers and a touch screen but a couple days later I was fine with it. The talk to text is awesome when driving too! Other than having to keep a charger close by I am glad I made the switch to a real smartphone.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I had a personal Android, Samsung Galaxy, and wish I could pry it back from my wife's hands. For now I'm stuck with the work BB, a 9330 Curve. It's slow, half a day battery, and terrible for browsing the web. I can't speak for other BB models, but this one hasn't won me over at all.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My wife and I are getting new phones next month & I'm looking for some suggestions.

Here's the deal: I've had the Curve 8900 for 2-3 years now & I do really like Blackberry. However, I don't know much about the newer phones. The Torch 2 looks pretty nice. How does it compare to other smartphones? (Not the iPhone, blech!)

So, Blackberry users, is it worth it to get a new Blackberry, or should I look into the android platform?
I'm curious why you hate the iPhone?

I've used Blackberries, the iPhone4, and several different Android phones.
The iPhone and recent Android phones are miles ahead of the Blackberry at this stage.

My current phone is the Galaxy Nexus which is an amazing Android phone. Just make sure you install Swype for typing and you really will not miss your Blackberry! I think that the Galaxy Nexus is a Verizon exclusive in the US so unless you are on Verizon you would have to get a phone with Gingerbread. I would wait to get an Android phone with the latest Android OS (v4 - aka Ice Cream Sandwich).

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I'm curious why you hate the iPhone?

I've used Blackberries, the iPhone4, and several different Android phones.
The iPhone and recent Android phones are miles ahead of the Blackberry at this stage.

My current phone is the Galaxy Nexus which is an amazing Android phone. Just make sure you install Swype for typing and you really will not miss your Blackberry! I think that the Galaxy Nexus is a Verizon exclusive in the US so unless you are on Verizon you would have to get a phone with Gingerbread. I would wait to get an Android phone with the latest Android OS (v4 - aka Ice Cream Sandwich).
Well here is my take on the failings of iPhone for email. Trying to add an attachment to a reply in a email is painful. Can be done but could be much easier like on a BB. Next trying to dig out an email addy out of an email that has been forwarded to you without starting a new email. Never did figure that one out. A menu button would go so far towards making it an easier phone to deal with. Guessing a lot of my complaints have been dealt with in android but the games on iPhone rock.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have an iPhone 4 (personal) and Blackberry 8350i (work).

I have had nothing but problems with the Blackberry... actually on my 3rd phone in 9 months (white screen of death; stuck in constant reboot cycle; error messages).

I have never been an Apple fan at all! With that said I love my iPhone.

There are so many options between the iPhone (with multiple carriers now), Microsoft Phones, & Android Phones that I would move on from the Crackberry.

Rating - 95.7%
24   1   0
People still have blackberrys? I thought that was like a dead technology, similar to still having like an VHS player. Do yourself a favor and get the iPhone. Then get an iPad.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Well, we found a great deal, so later today I'm going to go get the Torch 9810. Rest easy, BB haters, my wife is getting the new samsung galaxy so I can see what the android is all about. But I'm happy with my choice, as I'll still have BBM- and keep in touch with the best group of guys out there!

Tiburon

Apprentice BOTL
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Well, we found a great deal, so later today I'm going to go get the Torch 9810. Rest easy, BB haters, my wife is getting the new samsung galaxy so I can see what the android is all about. But I'm happy with my choice, as I'll still have BBM- and keep in touch with the best group of guys out there!
BBM is the one thing I miss about Blackberry. I'm glad they moved their hardware forward. They really needed to. Still a great device, but I'm not giving up my Droid.