What's new

Aurora Colorado Mass Shooting @ Dark Knight Premiere

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sad. Whenever this happens everyone talks about gun control. Unfortunately there are more guns out there that will never go away. I think we are better off encouraging gun training to better equip decent men to control their shots and take a guy like this out before too much damage is done. Making good men jump through hoops to get a permit does not make sense any more. Bad guys will always be able to get an illegal gun and we all will be vulnerable to such mayhem. I'm an easy going guy but I've come to the conclusion that gun control now is only learning how to handle one safely and with accuracy.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Just a crazy and sad situation. Someone I know at my local B&M had 3 friends in the theater. Said she knew her friends were going to the movie that night because of facebook. Said she heard about the shooting and was praying her friends weren't at that theater. Said she didn't see a facebook reply for hours after and figured they were there because they would've said something about the movie. Sure enough, get a text a few hours later saying 2 (I think not all 3) of them got shot. One was in an induced coma and the other one had surgery already to take out the bullet/bone fragments and get this... body tissue from her other friend! I guess the bullet went through the one friend and lodged in the other bringing body tissue with the bullet.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Just a crazy and sad situation. Someone I know at my local B&M had 3 friends in the theater. Said she knew her friends were going to the movie that night because of facebook. Said she heard about the shooting and was praying her friends weren't at that theater. Said she didn't see a facebook reply for hours after and figured they were there because they would've said something about the movie. Sure enough, get a text a few hours later saying 2 (I think not all 3) of them got shot. One was in an induced coma and the other one had surgery already to take out the bullet/bone fragments and get this... body tissue from her other friend! I guess the bullet went through the one friend and lodged in the other bringing body tissue with the bullet.
Holy crap! Brings some of the smaller things I complain about into perspective.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I agree gun training would be more effective than all the money that will be spent on gun controller talks and lobbies....the guy was a freak and scrutinizing how he got the money will only hurt other students that needed the money for other school related expenses.... So sad

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
My cousin Stacy and her husband were in the theater he came into that night and she was shot through the ribs. She is doing ok after a few shaky days and is expected to recover. She was unconscious (doctor induced) for 2 days immediately following and her first words when she came to were "they better give me a free ticket to finish the f'n movie". I laughed so hard when I heard that. Even after going through something like what she did, neither her or her husband think we should enact tighter gun control laws. They both believe he would have got the weapons he had either way, whether they were legal or not. I agree with her completely.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
The part of this story that I'm waiting for is the "why?" We'll never be able to cleanse society of all its ills, but maybe there are things we can be doing to make these sorts of tragedies less common. Everyone with an ideology or an agenda is going to want to push a quick and decisive legislative solution, but I suspect the solution we really need will be slow and cultural.
-Charles
Agree, Gun and gun control isn't the issue. This Sociopath would of just found some other means of killing people. Be it Explosives, poison, etc but somehow he was going to hurt people. This took months to plan so Guns are not the issue. I think the reason your seeing more of this is young people use technology, (texting, facebook, etc) and don't develop the same level of personal human connection past generations did, thus making it easier to "dissconet" from society and realty leading to sensless acts like auroa.

Rating - 100%
53   0   0
I'm a little worried about the longer term implications of this aside from gun control. Are we moving into an era where the movie theater is yet another place we expect to be routinely searched by the police, "for our own good"?

-Charles

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
My cousin Stacy and her husband were in the theater he came into that night and she was shot through the ribs. She is doing ok after a few shaky days and is expected to recover. She was unconscious (doctor induced) for 2 days immediately following and her first words when she came to were "they better give me a free ticket to finish the f'n movie". I laughed so hard when I heard that. Even after going through something like what she did, neither her or her husband think we should enact tighter gun control laws. They both believe he would have got the weapons he had either way, whether they were legal or not. I agree with her completely.
Wow, Brandon, that's unreal! I'm so glad your cousin is recovering, it's amazing that she is considering the circumstances. Praise God.

I laughed out loud when I read her first words upon waking up, lol. Now that's a great attitude!

BrandonP

Cigar King Scottsdale
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks NJ. We all had a good laugh at that one. She is in good spirits 99% of the time so it didn't really surprise us. What was funnier about it was she didn't ask if her husband was ok (he was fine, no injuries at all) first. That was her 2nd comment. He was a bit miffed but had a good laugh as well.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I'm a little worried about the longer term implications of this aside from gun control. Are we moving into an era where the movie theater is yet another place we expect to be routinely searched by the police, "for our own good"?

-Charles
If that becomes the case, then I'm just not going anymore. I already have stopped going to stadiums for games, because I refuse to give up my weapon when I'm surrounded by that many people getting angry over a game. Also why I drive darn near everywhere I can instead of flying. I'm not into the GOV taking away one of tools to defend myself "for my own good".

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
LOL, I had to read my wife your post. Very happy to hear she is doing ok.