What's new

Avallo accumonitor question

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
My accumonitor is acting all crazy I think. I have it set to 60 which usually means I can get it dialed in to around 65 real humidity. I know this cause I also have two calibrated xikars in there as well reading 65. My issue is the realtime humidity is reading 69 and blinking. I even attempted to set the RH all the way down to 55 but it is yet to drop. I've reached out to Matt but have not heard back yet. Wondering if anyone has had this issue. I'm up in NJ and the weather has been a bit warm for Nov but I had no issue similar to this even in August when it's 95 out and the RH is 85%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lionel

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange, no one responded to you. Avallo, cigar oasis or any active humidifier only humidifies and does NOT dehumidify. So even if you turned down the setting to 55RH (relative humidity), your avallo will only work if the RH drops below 55% and will work to bring it up to 55%RH.

That being said, if you need to bring down the RH, is to have a dehydration cycle (compressor unit) or using humidity beads (i.e. Heartfelt) or boveda packets even. Those will help absorb the excess humidity down to the desired 65%. Hope this helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk