What's new

Avalon Torque "Small Block"

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
These are relatively new from Avalon. I'm not sure if you can find them online, and currently I only know of one store in Michigan that has these. I had a chance to try one at an Avalon Event, and have been itching to purchase another. I let this one sit in my humidor for all of a day before I smoked it. According to the Avalon, they age these themselves, so you shouldn't need to let them sit for weeks before you try them.

This is a line of cigars paying homage to the auto industry, with names like "Small Block", "Big Block", and "Barracuda" titling the cigars.

The Small Block is really an incredible smoke. It compares very well to a Padron 1964 Maduro, but a little bit cheaper and in my mind a little bit better. The cigar is extremely box pressed, almost square. A light orange cello adorns it, and they come in handsome (and pricey) boxes of 45. I bought this one for a little over $10 with tax.

It opens up smoothly with a little bit of spicy and dark chocolate. These are the dominant flavors throughout the cigar. Full bodied, but easy on your palate. Clouds of smoke throughout the cigar, no draw problems, no wrapper problems.

I normally stick to a Avalon Blue Juke or Padron 2000/3000 (Natural or Maduro) as my "staple" stick, but these are incredible. I don't think any of the line is over $12, so it is affordable for most.

Did I mention the label? No? Really cool label. Not sure if it's worth the pain it is to remove, but it looks great.

TheCigarKid

Cigaraholic
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Nice review, I'm going to have to keep my eye out for these. If you say it's better than the Padron 1964, I'm gonna have to see that for myself!

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I've only ever had the Blue Juke & thought it was pretty good. The poster is great though!!! I'll keep an eye out for this one, though I personally think the band is gaudy.

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Would definitely want to get my hands on one of those. PAM 64's are one of my top cigars. The look of that stick and comparison to the PAM says it's a must try!
And yes, nice poster too!
Thanks for the review.