What's new

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I know I'm behind the times and live through Redbox, but just saw Avatar tonight and felt like I just watched Dances with Wolves...with a twist.

I was hoping that there would be a little originality in this one but I guess Hollywood has ran dry on good new material.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Funny I watched it tonight too! I tried to avoid it but it was the only thing to rent that I hadn't seen. I blew. So, they can control the minds of a remote alien body but they still need a pilot for their aircraft? Hmmm. And they walk around in Mechs but the Mech doesn't have guns built in? This movie really sucked.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I can't remember where, but I read a plot synapsis (sp?) Of "Pocahontas", where someone crossed out the names of people and locations and replaced them with names from Avatar... Perfect fit.

edogg

You know it!
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I actually saw it yesterday for the first time. Now that you say it, it did remind me a lot about US Army fighting the Native Americans.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Yeah rob, I was disappointed also. I even thought the special effects were a bit cheesy. The alien chick was hot though, in a stretched out smurf with tattoos sort of way!!