What's new

Ave Maria?

Rating - 100%
95   0   0
I tried it when it was first released. Thought it was a bit flat. Not bad, just expected more. MOW is similar and better IMHO.

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I tried one about a few months ago as a budget buy because of the description CI gave them. I really must say I didn't pick up the great flavors they boasted about. It was okay but not something I'd buy again...just wasn't in my flavor zone is all.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bought two, smoked one and the other still sits.... Ok but just not my go to cigar either, saving the other for handing out to friends who come over and want a stick.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
I liked it well enough but certainly not AJ's best blend. As others have said, a little flat.

That being said, construction was impeccable. So it's a good cigar, it's just not the biggest flavour bomb.

They're also too pricey for me, for what is there. At that price point I'd rather get, say, a box of DPG's, or hell get a box of Diesel UC's and a box of Unlimited's.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Yep, construction and burn were impeccable, which is what I have come to expect from AJ.

Glad we all agree on the flavor profile though :)

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Yep, construction and burn were impeccable, which is what I have come to expect from AJ.

Glad we all agree on the flavor profile though :)

I very much agree with Bryan Glynn on this "issue". When smoking and analyzing a cigar, to me the construction - not flavour - is the majority of what I'm looking at when trying to "grade" it.

Flavour is entirely subjective. There are tons of cigars out there that get rave reviews across the board, yet I have not enjoyed much at all flavour-wise.

Similarly, there are cigars that I rarely find fans of, but I can't get enough of and buy by the box regularly.

However, the mark of a "great" cigar is in its construction. That part is not subjective. If a cigar is a shoddy, uneven roll, with lumps and plugs and I can't get it to stay lit, then regardless of the flavours I manage to get out of it, to me that's a bad cigar.

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
As people said CBID has great prices on them, I think I have some of all the sizes. I like them, not complex, but a good overal smoke, plus a sweet band that I cant wait to make some art with.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Decent smoke with good construction, mild notes of sweetness. I second everyone else with it being overpriced and not being a go to cigar

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My personal favorite is the box press. It's an easy smoke, I liked it. It's just not something you'll concentrate on. I'd say they're at least worth a try.

LittleMoe

Bald,Fat and Proud
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I must be the exception here ........ however, the few I smoked right of the box were a bit flat so i agree with ya's there ........ BUT i have a bunch with a year + on them and they turned into a much better smoke !!!! he flavor seemed to come with age !!!!! I am a big fan !!!