What's new

AVO 22

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
After snagging one of these in a box pass ... and then finding out that there aren't many of these left, I went searching and found a "box" at a vendor in Europe for a great price. These are the narrower version - 5 7/8" with a 45 ring guage instead of the 50 ringe that was apparently distributed in the US. One nice thing is that the European version comes packed with 22 cigars in the box vs. the US version that has 19. The cigars are packed in a bundle, wrapped with a 3" piece of burlap, tied together and then set inside a cedar tube. Very unique presentation.

The size and perfecto shape are quite close to a Hemingway Signature. The Ecuadorian wrapper on the AVO is a very uniform medium brown color with a nice sheen. Very smooth with only some small veins. The cigar overall has a very good feel to it ... not too firm and not too soft. The overall construction appears excellent.

Time to clip and fire this puppy up ...

From the very first I could tell this was going to be a great cigar. I'm not a big fan of cigars that like to overpower you with their strength ... but I do like good full flavors. The AVO, while on the mild side of medium in strength certainly provided tons of flavor. My tastebuds were constantly enveloped in a core of creamy toffee ... sweet cedar ... and rich tobacco. The draw was effortless and produced tons of thick smoke. The burn was flawless and the ash produced was a very pale grey.

After the halfway point the flavor + strength kicked up just a bit and also brought a touch of mild spiciness. I was just amazed that all the way down to the nub the flavors remained consistently good ... never harsh and the smoke was always cool. By the end I ws totally satisfied ... like the feeling you get after eating a big holiday meal.

I've got to had it to Mr. Uvezian ... he's made one of the best tasting milder cigars on the planet. It just too bad that not many of these were made. I guess I'll have to ration these out.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Wow! :shock: Great review on what sounds like one awesome stogie! I'll have to track myself down one of these. I only have one AVO and it's the free one they were offering lately.

Thanks for the review.

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Creamy toffee =P~ Sounds yummy

Thanks for the review :smt023

Ironman

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yes,

These are Awesome smokes! Finding them IS tough. Affording them after You found them is usually tougher. I found a vendor selling 4 packs a year or so ago. I just sent out My last one in a Holiday box, a few day's ago. :(

But, That's what giving is all about. Give Your Best.

The 22 is a Very Classy Smoke. You experience it, instead of smokin it. It has very subtle transitions and the Larger ring gage version has a touch more depth than the Asian market model. Both are Classic Cigars. I Highly recommend Them. Just remember, they are not Powerhouse Kick Yer Butt Smokes, but have Wonderful Flavor and Flawless construction and burn. I smoke them the same way I smoke the Fundadores or the Laguito #2's slow and savouring with Zero interuptions. (Ahhhhhhhhhhhh)
Elegance embodied.

my 2 cents.

Slack 8)

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Bsslack said:
Yes,

These are Awesome smokes! Finding them IS tough. Affording them after You found them is usually tougher. I found a vendor selling 4 packs a year or so ago. I just sent out My last one in a Holiday box, a few day's ago. :(

But, That's what giving is all about. Give Your Best.

Slack 8)
What ... you sent out your LAST Avo 22?

Awesome gesture ... but I'm afraid this just won't do.

<insert evil grin>

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
tedski said:
What ... you sent out your LAST Avo 22?

Awesome gesture ... but I'm afraid this just won't do.

<insert evil grin>
Ted,

Brother You just need to RELAX and enjoy What You have. I sent that because I wanted You to compare that one to the ones You have. I doin fine Here. I was more than Happy to do so.

You Have a Merry Christmas Brother!:)

Slack

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Brian ... I'm totally relaxed brother and I always enjoy what I have. I'm also very thankful to you for sending me one of your best cigars.

But, I am a graduate of Jerry and Mark's School of Cigar Bombing ... and if their electro-shock class has only taught me one thing, it's that I MUST .... RETALIATE .... WITH .... CIGARS .... EVERYTIME .... I .... RECEIVE .............

OK .... I'm OK, now. I got the Valium bottle open.

Merry Christmas Brian!

Bsslack

So-Cal/Riverside
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ted,

LOL the Valium. Scotch will do the same thing it just takes a little longer!

I fired up a bowl of that Myphisto last night and It was Excellent! Some of the best I've had!

Thanks and Merry Christmas Man!

Slack

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
One of the only mild cigars that has a good flavor IMHO.... I enjoyed the few that I have smoked.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
caudio51 said:
Thanks Cliff

Those do look great! :santa2:
Yup they do...There are actually 2 versions of that cigar. The American version and the European version. I'm not sure which one is in the picture though.