What's new

Avo 22

dmoby

Boli Whore
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I know that certain cigars appreciate over time and I was wondering what kind of value you think the AVO 22 has come to? If you haven't experienced this cigar it is fantastic. When they first came out they were salty, but now they are just about one of the top five cigars I ever smoked Cuban or Non Cuban combined and I had some amazing cigars.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
How much did you pay for it?

That's probably how much you are going to get for it with all the good cigars on the market right now.

The Cubans may be a different story since those need to be aged most of the time.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I have experienced a very similiar sensation with the Avo 75th, 77 and Original release Signature Double Coronas. I have had boxes of all of them and they all came around VERY nicely after a few years. The few single 75ths I have left are outstanding N/Cs. Right up there with O.R. CAO Extreme Lancero's from 2001 as the best sub-$10 N/Cs. The only N/Cs that are better than these IMO are early release Padron Anniversario Maduros. Those are some of the best cigars on the planet IMO

dmoby

Boli Whore
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They came out in 02 and only 2000 round cylinders of 19 cigars per cylinder were released because they were a LE. I think they are worth more than when they were originally released.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
The cylinders of 19 were the US release. There were also cylinders of 22 released in Europe, (I believe there were 1000-2000 boxes). These were a 43 ring vs a 50 ring in the US. I have some of both and actually prefer the narrower ring version

These are my favorite cigars. Tons of rich flavor, effortless draw and although they are in the mild/medium range they have enough strength to make them interesting. Prices early this year (while there was still some in stock) were $15 /each. As the only sales now are via private parties ... the prices are probably in the $15-20 range or higher.

Interestingly enough, I have a friend who talked with Avo Uvezian himself about these and Mr. Uvezian was more pleased with the LE-5 than the 22's.

I've heard rumors where the next limited edition (to celebrate Avo's 80th birthday) may be the last one ... and the cigar will be a mix between the 22 and the LE-5.

dmoby

Boli Whore
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
tedski said:
The cylinders of 19 were the US release. There were also cylinders of 22 released in Europe, (I believe there were 1000-2000 boxes). These were a 43 ring vs a 50 ring in the US. I have some of both and actually prefer the narrower ring version

These are my favorite cigars. Tons of rich flavor, effortless draw and although they are in the mild/medium range they have enough strength to make them interesting. Prices early this year (while there was still some in stock) were $15 /each. As the only sales now are via private parties ... the prices are probably in the $15-20 range or higher.

Interestingly enough, I have a friend who talked with Avo Uvezian himself about these and Mr. Uvezian was more pleased with the LE-5 than the 22's.

I've heard rumors where the next limited edition (to celebrate Avo's 80th birthday) may be the last one ... and the cigar will be a mix between the 22 and the LE-5.
I was wondering because I have both the 19 and the Europe 22 style also. I also have a box of the LE-5. The funny thing is that the LE-5 at first tasted like the 22 did in 02 but they are now developing into something else. Next year will be his last LE produced.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
dmoby said:
I was wondering because I have both the 19 and the Europe 22 style also. I also have a box of the LE-5. The funny thing is that the LE-5 at first tasted like the 22 did in 02 but they are now developing into something else. Next year will be his last LE produced.
Is that "something else" good or bad?

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
The LE5's are stronger (in the medium to full range) and have more of a earthy and peppery taste to me. The 22's are more cedar, toffee and sweet spices.

Moglman

Mountain Hound
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
My LE-05s are not very similiar to the two 22s I have tried, but my memory of those smokes is not real clear, but I find both to be very nice. I'll have to try the 05s in 09 to see how it matures.

dmoby

Boli Whore
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
the LE-5 I tried the other day is kind of muted with its flavors. It lost some of its salt profile and to me it is marrying with the different tobacco right now. Kind of like when you grab a Cuban and it is in its sick period.