What's new

AVO Classic Robusto

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
This was a freebe from AVO. They ran a deal a while back where they sent you a cigar for like .99 or something like that to cover shipping. It was the Tubo version.

Standard 5x50 Robusto with a very light brown wrapper. Construction seemed good with the exception that the head felt a little "mushy". This probably explains the very loose draw. Not loose enough to make it unsmokeable, but noticeable to say the least.

I found this to be a very, VERY mild cigar, without a lot of taste. Not sure how to put this, as it was not a BAD cigar, I'm just used to cigars with a lot more taste. The taste that was present was fine, just nothing to write home about, and very faint.

If you love mild cigars, I would go for it, otherwise, don't waste your time.

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Thanks for your review. Avo's are one of the few NC's that I smoke anymore, mostly I prefer the Signature line. I'm suprised you had a cigar that was somewhat mushy. The quality of construction on Avo's is very high, but not every cigar is perfect. This definately is a mild cigar, but one that I still find flavorful. I noticed a somewhat minty flavor to the tubo robusto.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had this one last night... After it had sat in the humi from the freebie deal since around November...

Construction, and burn was right on, excellent.

I thought it was a very smooth, mild cigar, with good flavor and nice aroma. I wasnt able to distinguish the flavors, but it did have a good taste. Very good mild cigar IMHO.

Was an awesome $1 cigar (based upon the freebie deal) LOL

I would definantly light up a few more, if I had them... And I havent had any other AVO cigar, so I am not able to compare this one, against any of thier other lines.. but based on construction, burn, and aroma, these are top notch.