What's new

Avo LE09

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Don't worry about me I think you sent me every other limited stick in your last package. Sounds like there will be a box in town and I am sure I am hooked up enough to work out a trade of some kind.:stretchgr
No problem Aaron. I have to get my trader ratings up somehow, I guess eh. :gangfire: As soon as I have them in hand, I'll swing by and see ya. Maybe by Monday even, who knows.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Now not to sound negative but the avo flavour profile has never really apealled to me. Does this still taste like an avo. I will have to meet up with Phi Delt for a trade to try one I guess.
This is not your normal AVO. It is very "rustic". I think a lot of tattie fans would like this as well.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Also had the pleasure of joining Lorax, ZenCigar and UNCelnino. Good cigar, good food and good company. My review for ZenCigar...I'd smoke it again :applause:

Shame of the night was that I had to purchase a new washer that morning instead of a box of the Companeros that night.
You're killin' me! :rolling:

Had a fun time, Richard!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
This cigar is better than the LE 05 folks!
Wow - that is quite a big claim to be making, and one that has been made before about other Avo LE's released after the LE05. Sadly, those claims never lived up to the hype, so just call me skeptical.
Don't get me wrong - I would love to run into an Avo LE which I liked better than or even equal to the LE05 because I would do some major purchasing. So we shall see is all I'm saying... :chat:

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow - that is quite a big claim to be making, and one that has been made before about other Avo LE's released after the LE05. Sadly, those claims never lived up to the hype, so just call me skeptical.
Don't get me wrong - I would love to run into an Avo LE which I liked better than or even equal to the LE05 because I would do some major purchasing. So we shall see is all I'm saying... :chat:
i know...

Trust me, I have been disappointed year after year since the LE 05. This is really wonderful. But it is a real different cigar from any other AVO ever made. I can't wait to see how they age!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Smoked 1 today at the B&M. Boy was that a treat. Very creamy and full of flavor. Very very smooth and refined. 14 bones not a every day affair thats for sure! But very good none the less.

Rating - 100%
78   0   0
My local B&M had them fly off the shelves today... the owner already placed a second order.

They are GREAT!

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Now not to sound negative but the avo flavour profile has never really apealled to me. Does this still taste like an avo. I will have to meet up with Phi Delt for a trade to try one I guess.

That's a "trademark" of a Kelner blended cigar....some people refer to it as a "musky" taste.

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
i know...

Trust me, I have been disappointed year after year since the LE 05. This is really wonderful. But it is a real different cigar from any other AVO ever made. I can't wait to see how they age!
Actually, I liked the 80th, still have about a dozen or so and smoked several boxes of last years edition....wish I still had some!

Rating - 94.5%
85   3   0
I have to agree that this is a better stick than the LE05. Yesterday I did a back-to-back comparison and the LE09 made the LE05 seem one dimensional. Admittedly I do not have a lot of experience with the LE05 and perhaps its age has toned down a bit of the strength and character that Avo referrred to at the dinner. The LE09 was quite a bit better in my opinion. It starts with the usual Kelner mustiness but after about 1/2 an inch it is gone. This cigar changes flavor a good four or five times throughout. It is also unique in that it seems to mellow out and become smoother as you smoke it, yet somehow maintains its body. The best description I think I have heard of this cigar is "psychotic". I would highly recommend this one, regardless of price point.

Rating - 100%
58   0   0
mmmmm....Thanks for that tidbit, Dave. As you know, mine arrived yesterday. letting them get acclimated to Canuckland before I torch one. And, I am sliding one to Aaron, so I'm sure we'll get a very good review on it from him.