What's new

B&M travel radius?

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I was just curious, but how far do you guys travel to go to your local shop? If your local shop stinks, how far would you be willing to go for something you can't get at your place (whether it's a great environment, great smoke selection, a fit sales girl, etc). i drove about 30 miles this weekend to a great cigar shop with an awesome lounge. just curious what others do.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I work at a B&M that is about 35 miles away. The next closest one is probably 45 miles.
The town I live in has a complete smoking ban, so even if there was a cigar store here you couldn't smoke in it.

TYLER

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
The closest one to me is about 20 minutes away, and the lounge sux!! There will be 6 people in there and half are smoking cigarettes. I smoke cigarettes too, but never indoors. The last time I was in there I vowed never to go back. The best B&M is about 45 minutes away in VB, only been there twice in the last year.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
closest about 30 miles, but no lounge. the only good lounge with shop is at least an hour away on the opposite side of the city. don't make it there very often even though it's a great place.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
i have one less than a mile from the entrance to my neighborhood. That one is okay, they are the ones that helped me get started so i go there as much as possible. But they dont carry Tatuaje or Pepin and theres a complete smoking ban in my town. so i have to travel about 30-40 mins to get to a shop that carries tats and i can smoke in.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
The closest to me (and the only smoke-in in the whole city, to my knowledge) is only about 15 minutes away. But they are WAY over-priced...like, really bad.

There is a nice humidor in a wine shop about 30 minutes from me, better prices but poor selection. I got Oliva Maddies there, though, and I've seen Opus there as well (for $16...seemed like a decent price, but I didn't get any).

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Mine is about 7 miles away. There is one closer, but it sucks. I guess I am lucky when it comes to that. I drive about 30 miles every once in a while to visit a shop some of the brothers frequent.

Wagz

Großartig Hurensohn
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
The closest is less than a mile from where I work, but their lounge is pretty lame and the beer prices are criminal... not the ideal place to smoke.

Fortunately there's also a Cuban restaurant nearby - with a decent humidor - that allows you to smoke outside whilst watching the beautiful Southern California ladies amble by. :hearteyes That spot is definitely preferable.

I buy my smokes online for the most part... the markup at the B&M's around here makes purchasing many sticks there cost prohibitive.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one about an Hour and a half away. I go because they allow you to drink, play billards, watch the game and listen to great music. Awsome place and in my opinion worth the drive.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I have one about an Hour and a half away. I go because they allow you to drink, play billards, watch the game and listen to great music. Awsome place and in my opinion worth the drive.
Welcome to BOTL, mate! Be sure to check the Introductions room.

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
I've got half-a-dozen b&ms within 15 minutes of my house....and another 3 or 4 shops within 10 minutes of my office.

But the best local shop is probably 30 minutes west, in Arlington.

Thankfully, I'm out in Arlington several times per month, so I get to frequent the b&m fairly often.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a couple that are both more or less 20 minutes from home, 15 minutes from school (I'm on campus as much as I am at home). But I'm hopefully moving to a location that will be about 5-10 minutes from either...woohoo!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Almost no distance at all -- there are close to a dozen shops (most of which I don't go to) on the way home from work. I stopped hanging out at a lounge about 3 miles from my office when the manager quit. Once in a while I hang out at Cigar King (also on the way home) but haven't lately. Reminds me I have to arrange to meet Ben (cba191).

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
Got one about 5 mins from my house... Nice little lounge, with some tall tables for 2, a little bar in the back (dont know what they serve though) some nice leather individual chairs around little coffee tables.
Then there is one about 2 minutes away from that one... Nice little bar in the back, and a few couches in the front. The owner is an awesome person.
There is another one from the same owner as the first about 10 minutes away... smaller store, smaller lounge.
And I think if I drive about 25-35 minutes I can get to the store that Mitch got the SW Maduros from... but I Have never been there.