What's new

'Babalu' vs. Mousasi for Aug. 15 event

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
The Renato "Babalu' Sobral-Gegard Mousasi bout planned for Affliction "Trilogy" will now take place at Strikeforce "Carano vs Cyborg" on August 15 in San Jose.

Strikeforce has rebooked the fight with the added stipulation of having Sobral's Strikeforce light-heavyweight belt on the line.

Mousasi (25-2-1), who vacated his DREAM middleweight title for a run at light-heavyweight, will be making his debut at the division. Mousasi in May submitting K-1 kickboxer Mark Hunt with an armbar 79 seconds into the fight to advance in DREAM's "Super Hulk" open-weight tournament.

Sobral (32-8) won the Strikeforce belt last November over Bobby Southworth and will be making his first title defense. He's on a five-fight win streak with wins in the past year over Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou, Southworth and Mike Whitehead.

Strikeforce "Carano vs Cyborg" will have at least two more championship bouts on the card: Gina Carano (7-0) vs. Cris "Cyborg" (7-1) for the 145-pound belt and Josh Thomson (16-2) vs. Gilbert Melendez (15-2) for the lightweight belt.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Yeah i think this is BJ is gonna lose then hang it up, good fighter but i don't see that hunger in his eyes anymore. Hopefully Silva will actually fight forrest and not put on another boring show. Glad to see Amir back in action kid just grew on me during TUF. The biggest question is what to smoke that night.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
This card is looking much better with the Babalu, Mousasi fight added on and might just be the biggest event ever put on by Strikeforce. A majority of the people will probably be tuning in to see the Gina/Cyborg fight.. they're two dominant women in their divisions and people have been wanting to see them go toe to toe for a looong time. Lets just hope the rest of the card doesn't get lost amongst the hype.

UFC 101 coming up fast! I can't wait its loaded with great fights wonder which BJ and A. Silva will show up..