What's new

Baby #2 On The Way

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
17 months ago I posted a thread on here about the birth of my daughter; now I get to share the news that my wife and I are expecting our second child, and this time it's a boy!

I'm excited beyond words (while also slightly nervous about the challenge of two small children lol). In the mean time, would the brothers with multiple children have any advice or pointer on what to expect when he arrives?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StogieNinja

Derek | BoM June 2014
Rating - 100%
223   0   0
As a guy who had five kids in six years, I can say with confidence that two kids a few years apart is a breeze. Advice? Stable schedules (stability=security for babies), lots of love, and don't vary the bedtime. A stable bedtime is your best friend in the world!

Congratulations man, being a dad is the most exhausting thing in the... oops, I mean, being a dad is the best thing in the world.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Congrats. Five quick pointers:

1) Love them individually.
2) No comparing.
3) Learn from your previous experience
4) Ask for help (which you're doing)
5) Remember you were your wife's husband before you were their father for the greatest thing a father can do for his child is to love their mother.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Well done brother! ;) Free advice...make the most of every moment with that little guy (even when you lack the motivation)! Time passes faster and faster the older we get; before you know it...they're gone. My son is 18 and off to college, but I remember the day he was born like it was 20 minutes ago (even the shirt I was wearing).

God bless!! (y)

jasonsbeer

Never Settle
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Congratulations to you!

A the father of 3 boys...all I can say is patience, love, be consistent with everything, and some more love.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Take the pressure off the nappy tapes but keep the nappy over his hose. They have a tendency to tinkle around a bit otherwise .

Congratulations and it will be fine when you have 2, just make sure you dave a little time for each other as well as the kids.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk when it bloody works properly

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
First of all congrats! I've got 4 boys, my youngest 2 are a year apart it was tough but not that bad. With boys you gotta be quick with a diaper change have the new one open and ready to go to lessen your chance of getting peed on.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Congrats bro! A pigeon pair! Now the pressure is off!

Yeah once you have two you just gotta remember to be partners... in the chaos that is children it is easy to lose sight of the mummy, daddy relationship.