What's new

Bachelor party cigars for both cigar smokers and non cigar smokers alike

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm heading to a bachelor party in a few weeks and have put myself in charge of bringing the cigars. I do not know of another regular cigar smokers going and I'm looking for some suggestions on what cigars I should bring. I'd like to keep the cost reasonable, but I want to get something decent enough that I'm happy to throw the leftovers in my humidor when I get back.

I was thinking about some of the Famous Nic 3000 as I've heard good things but have never tried one myself.

I was also thinking of just picking up a box of Onyx Reserve Robustos (20/$50) but I'm not sure how they would appeal to non cigar smokers.

I'd appreciate any feedback you may have on purchasing fairly inexpensive ($2.50/stick or so) cigars that would appeal to both regular and occasional cigar smokers.

Thanks in advance,
Tim

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Some other suggestions that might appeal to both infrequent and regular cigar smokers ... Oliva Serie G, Gran Habanos #1, Montesino

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I like the famous nic 3000. Inexpensive and not bad at all.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
the famous nic's might be too strong for non-smokers though. Perhaps some Fuente Spanish lonsdales or some Padron Londres? Maybe some Perdomo Frescos?

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
For July 4th my buddy had a BBQ at his house and he told me to bring some sticks. None of these guys really smoke cigars. I brought 6 Famous Nics 1000 and brought a special one for me.
That way I didn't give them a expensive stick and no one complained.

Altercall

I beat you all May '08 :)
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
I was in the same boat a few months ago and ended up getting a box of Short Stories for a good price. It was a mixed bag of success. I had a mini coolidor out there with me with several other sticks in it and was smokin' em all night around the fire. I planned on giving out the SS later that night. The guys who actually smoked cigars asked for some earlier and I passed a few other cigars out.

When it came time to give em all out the results were interesting. I passed the cutter and a couple of torches around. One guy tried to light the wrong end. Another asked me to relight his, for the 3rd time, after about 15 minutes. Ends up he just passed the cutter by and didn't cut his. Funny stuff. In the end, though, I ended up with about a half box left at the end.

Whatever you get, either make it cheap enough that you don't mind a bunch of waste, or good enough that you want to smoke the ones that are left. You don't want to spend $100 on a bunch of cigars and have 10-15 or em sitting there that you won't smoke. I would also suggest that you make them available, but don't really push it at any time. That will keep some of the cigars from being wasted. One last suggestion, take a couple of different types of cigars. There will probably be a few guys that know at least something about cigars. It was great getting to talk cigars with those guys, and getting to impress a couple of fringe guys with what I had. But the guys who know nothing about cigars, and aren't interested in ever picking up the habit, wouldn't know the difference if you picked up some leaves off the ground. Just my 2 cents.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Buy good cigars, tell your honey to be that they're for the guys, and then accidentally forget them at the house :laugh: :agreeclen

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used the Nestor Reserve Maduro Torpedo for such events in the past and never had any complaints.
They can be picked up for about a $1.50 a piece (or less) on c-bid.
Actually, I keep these around for working the yard.
Good luck with the party!!!

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I give my vote for the Oliva Serie G. A cheap cigar but a damn fine one that no one will complain about. Besides you'll have so much booze in your system you won't care. LOL

Actually I recommend being cruel. Get a box of La Flor Dominicana Double Ligero Chisels.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Macanudo, Partagas or RyJ. Not the Cubans. Great cigars for newcomers. Not terribly expensive but good cigars neverthe less. They might actually enjoy these and you gain a cigar buddy who will move on to better stuff. They feel they are getting something special, (particularly the RyJ's in the tube), and appreciate your gift as every knows the names. Doubtful anyone will get sick off them. We sometimes forget that we have developed a palate and enjoy a stronger cigar. I did that once and ended up with a lot of green people.