What's new

back after 10+ years

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Welcome back, things change. "Good cheap cigar finds" are becoming impossible and I can only imagine how difficult it is in Canada now.

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Welcome back! Brew anything good lately? It’s about time I kicked the dust off my stainless stuff and lit up some strike and sparge water again.

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
Welcome back. as it was said stuff is getting less cheap by the year, can only imagine how much worse it’s gotten by you in the last decade

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back, things change. "Good cheap cigar finds" are becoming impossible and I can only imagine how difficult it is in Canada now.
Well it's become a nightmare importing cigars via mail. I was so lucky to have Larry Lynn as a supplier for 15 years he shipped without declaration. Stopped 6 monthes ago without reason can't find out why. So forced to try a couple orders with Atlantic and Famous. Customs charges twice what they publish as their rates. No appeal process they are basically running an extortion racket. Last order from Famous I asked for reassesment (which is one of my legal rights). Since then my $80 order has gone back and forth across the country 4 times and Canada Post has no explanation why. So a U$1-2 online retailer smoke ends up C$8-9 per as much as a local B&M. and takes 2 months to get here. The only break we get is to visit the US for 48 hours and can bring back 50 cigars duty/tax free.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome back! Brew anything good lately? It’s about time I kicked the dust off my stainless stuff and lit up some strike and sparge water again.
I've gotten lazy over the 20+ years I've been home brewing and focus on volume and cost as the quality of kits has gotten so much better. Have a good local supplier with quality product usually do IPA or pilsener. Maybe the odd batch of Porter for winter. Just bottled batch of apple cider last week wasn't able to find local kit supplier used to make from apple trees we had in our backyard.

Capn_Jackson

A Razorback lost in Texas land
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I've gotten lazy over the 20+ years I've been home brewing and focus on volume and cost as the quality of kits has gotten so much better. Have a good local supplier with quality product usually do IPA or pilsener. Maybe the odd batch of Porter for winter. Just bottled batch of apple cider last week wasn't able to find local kit supplier used to make from apple trees we had in our backyard.
Apple cider from your own trees? I’ll bet that tastes great. I usually do mid-IBU IPA’s, some hazy, and also some pale ales. I really like amber IPA’s the best, when I can get that good balance between malty and bitter, with both a deceptively high IBU and ABV.
I actually got a new SS Brewtech Chronical 2.0 not long ago, and did the initial TSP clean. Haven’t passivated yet, but I need to so I can put that sucker to good use!

I think I’ve reached my acronym limit for the day. :LOL:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apple cider from your own trees? I’ll bet that tastes great. I usually do mid-IBU IPA’s, some hazy, and also some pale ales. I really like amber IPA’s the best, when I can get that good balance between malty and bitter, with both a deceptively high IBU and ABV.
I actually got a new SS Brewtech Chronical 2.0 not long ago, and did the initial TSP clean. Haven’t passivated yet, but I need to so I can put that sucker to good use!

I think I’ve reached my acronym limit for the day. :LOL:
Well the apples were no good for anything but making cider , a very tart heritage variety. I'm with you on the IPA's 6.5% ABV is my average. Man that SS Brewtech looks sweet makes my old garbage pail fermenter look pathetic.