What's new

Back from a short hiatus

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, haven't been on for a while, but I'm not gone (you lucky guys!). It's been really crazy the last few weeks. I just moved into my house for the summer, and it is the definition of a dive. lead paint, no working smoke detectors, floors vary up to 3 inches per room (!), basement is TRASHED from the last occupent's end of the year party, and the land lord is trying to screw me on rent. On the up side, I finally got the internet back, so I can actually get some work done. I'm working as a campus rep for Apple, it's a sweet job.

Up until this morning, I was in a crappy old house with no TV, no internet, library was closed and no one in town...it was like being under house arrest. I had my first smoke in two weeks tonight, and it was GLORIOUS! Nothing fancy, just a pipe of capt. black, but it was burning good, lots of great smoke, cool...couldn't have asked for more.

Needless to say, I'm chomping at the bit to get together with Andy and try out those 'gars that Todd hooked us up with. This week should be much better :peace:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoo boy, the laughs don't quit here! Last night was one of the most insane nights of my life. I got a call around 6:00 from one of the guys renting the house next school year. Basically, what he told me was they found out they weren't required to pay summer rent and didn't want to, so I either had to pay for the whole house or leave. That gave me not a lot of time to find a new place to live. Called around, and found out that a room had just opened up with some friends. I threw everything I owned into my cherokee, and flew across town. In two hours, I was completely out of the place and had the keys sitting on the stove for the land lord. Just need to call the electric company now and tell them I'm no longer living there. Hopefully this crazyness can end pretty soon...it's getting tiring!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sunivy said:
Man, what an ordeal. Hang in there.
Good lord...it just got even more complicated. The guy who moved out (he's all payed up for the rest of their lease) now doesn't want a new guy moving in. He know's me pretty good, I know him...I have no idea what the problem is. Anyway, he said for me to move in, I'd have to pay his entire rent (290/month) plus some extra for the trouble. At least these guys are letting me crash at their place until I get it figured out. Man this is a lot of stress...

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wasch_24 said:
Ahhhh, the good 'ol days.

Stress? Get used to it buddy.

Hang in there, it usually works out for the best, :thumbsup:
(This is Jeff over at Andy's)
Yeah, I just decided it was out of my hands right now, and a few options are starting to open up. Me and Andy busted out the El Rey Del Mundo '03's last night, and I think that was just what I needed...wow! Thanks again Todd!