What's new

Bacon Wrapped Eggs

Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I cannot WAIT to make this!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOurjE9s3GA&feature=share"]‪Bacon Wrapped Eggs‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Jeff L.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Hell ya, I would think you could do some dry bread on the bottom also. Maybe some sourdough action. Just make sure to leave it out over night. If I try it I will let you know.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
I wonder how cooked the egg gets. I like mine over easy. Gonna try this, thanks. I would think lining the tin with a slice of Canadian bacon adding the egg and cheese topped with fresh Hollandaise would be awesome too.

Skitalets

Laguito No. 2
Rating - 100%
73   0   0
I just made this for breakfast for my wife's family that is in town, and it was awesome. Pretty easy, too -- I always worry that a recipe that looks easy won't work out right.

The whites seemed to be cooked perfectly, the yolks were cooked hard (like a hard boiled egg). I like my yolks softer/over easy as well, so I may play with the cooking time next time I make them.

We also used maple bacon. I highly recommend it, that added a nice taste. Made some with chevre and some without cheese. See pics below.

Attachments

cartisdm

Young & Eager
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I just made this for breakfast for my wife's family that is in town, and it was awesome. Pretty easy, too -- I always worry that a recipe that looks easy won't work out right.

The whites seemed to be cooked perfectly, the yolks were cooked hard (like a hard boiled egg). I like my yolks softer/over easy as well, so I may play with the cooking time next time I make them.

We also used maple bacon. I highly recommend it, that added a nice taste. Made some with chevre and some without cheese. See pics below.
Thanks for the review! I'll need to try this out.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0

I wasn't as excited about it. We used thick cut peppered bacon, and I didn't feel it crisped up enough. It was almost crispy when I pulled it out of the skillet, but then the egg almost seemed to soften it up more. I like my bacon crispy-not chewy. Like you said, the whites were firm as were the yolks. I find that's always the problem with baking eggs. By time you get the whites set-the yolk is as well. If I wanted a hard boiled egg, I would have just done that. My girlfriend didn't like the texture at all and even asked "did you forget to put in the flavor?"

Last edited:

theribdoctor

Certifiable.
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
I wasn't as excited about it. We used thick cut peppered bacon, and I didn't feel it crisped up enough. It was almost crispy when I pulled it out of the skillet, but then the egg almost seemed to soften it up more. I like my bacon crispy-not chewy. Like you said, the whites were firm as were the yolks. I find that's always the problem with baking eggs. By time you get the whites set-the yolk is as well. If I wanted a hard boiled egg, I would have just done that. My girlfriend didn't like the texture at all and even asked "did you forget to put in the flavor?"
i figured, thats why it didn't excite me to try this..and after 2 of these reviews...I'm still not excited.