What's new

bad day

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been waiting for a package for some time now,and today I finaly
got it.It was covered with green tape,some of you probably know where this is going.I open the box and you guessed it no cigars.Every thing else just no cigars.Do you guys think that I should be expecting a letter or should I have gotten a letter insted of the empty box.What a flipin mess this is.:crytears:

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
I dunno Mike, I have seen a specific example of ICE(customs) and OFAC working together. It was pretty much a letter from OFAC stating that, based on information provided by ICE (i.e., customs seized a package and let OFAC know), so-and-so bought some number of cuban cigars, which were imported to the US without a license from us (OFAC).
Not sure when it happened and how long the gap was between seizure/ofac letter. I have also heard, in the past few days, of a possibly drastic increase in customs seizures. An increase so drastic that a specific vendor might or might not ship intact anymore.
But don't take what I said for more than you think it's worth, cause I might not know what the hell I'm talking about and none of it might be true.

ccsmoker: I am very sorry for your loss. Hopefully the vendor you used is a more reputable one and your cigars are guaranteed to be delivered. In that case, let him/her know and you should get new cigars shortly. Hopefully your bad news ends today, and no letters will come. I feel pretty safe saying that news of your seizure, as long as it wasn't too large of an order, won't reach OFAC HQ.

TYLER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess what I just got from THE U.S. Customs and Border Protection,a nice
three page letter well of to the lawer I go.You got to be a lawer to understand this thing.But from what I gathered I am f-c-ed.We shall see
I will let you guys know the out come,til the becareful.Oh BTW a box of
25 royal coronas have a ($65.00 appraised domestic value) atleast I can
smell the box..

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Guess what I just got from THE U.S. Customs and Border Protection,a nice
three page letter well of to the lawer I go.You got to be a lawer to understand this thing.But from what I gathered I am f-c-ed.We shall see
I will let you guys know the out come,til the becareful.Oh BTW a box of
25 royal coronas have a ($65.00 appraised domestic value) atleast I can
smell the box..
That might support the more recent customs/hsd crackdown theory. Hopefully it turns out to be not too threatening of a letter. I have honestly not heard of too many mean letters from customs (at least not recently), as most of the threatening stuff comes from OFAC.

Again, anything I say here is just a bunch of crap pieces that I scraped off the floor and pieced together into one small metaphorical turd of knowledge. No personal experiences here.

TYLER

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
i bought a box from a vendor who shipped the bands and box seperate from the cigars. cigars arrived in perfect condition. a few days later, another package showed up. inside was the bands ripped up, and the box destroyed.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wow, that's some heavy shi+! I've heard stories/rumors, but I thought they were just scare tactics, but I guess not. Good luck, ccsmoker, keep us in the loop!

I was always under the impression that the feds go after large orders (multiple boxes/pallets, etc..) not single box orders??

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The funy thing is it seems they are only after money it will most likely cost me about 250.00.I have seen people fined more for having fruit on a plane that they forgot about.It is also funny that they automaticly asume that I am a US citizen.

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
If you are living in the US then it doesn't matter if you are a citizen. You still cannot have CC shipped to your place. As for the letter, I've heard the same thing mike stated...that the letters and customs are 2 different entities and they don't work together.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Which US based airport did your package go through? Have seen on another board where more and more packages are getting pinched. The letter you got from customs , if it is anything like the old form letter, just says that if you want to dispute the charges then you can do so by writing. This was the old throw away letter. What I find interesting is that the Customs dept says your cigars are worth 65$ but the OFCfuckinA assigns a set value of 250$ per box or 10$ a stick. Not to rain on your parade bro but I would be expecting the OFCA letter sometime soon.

Bummer:crytears:

Mikes

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
That's right, fine people who are enjoying cigars because of a stupid old law that makes absolutly no sense in the modern world. We can't do business with Cuba, but at the same time, we can import everything under the sun from China, which, I understand is far worse than Cuba. We've done business with countries with leaders far worse than Castro. If we didn't do business with other communist countries, I wouldn't have a problem with the law at all, but I refuse to obey hippocrats. Having said that, I would still rather live in the US more than any other place in the world, but some of the rules and regulations we have in the country just do not add up to me. These laws have consequences that aren't first thought of. In general, I've found that people who smoke cigars are some of the nicest people I've ever met. Let us be honest, premium cigars are a luxury item that cost a good amount of money. If I could tell you how many cigar smokers I know that have donated thousands of dollars to charity, this post would be five pages long. They're turning nice, hard working people who contribute a great deal to their community into criminals. All while they line their pockets with fines. Live free or die.