What's new

Bad morning. My truck is totaled.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Yep, on my way to work this morning a guy flew through a stop sign and T-Boned my truck. Sent me spinning out into a field, narrowly missing a telephone pole. Had the main point of impact been a foot forward it would have been square on the driver's door and I'm sure I'd be in the hospital. Maybe worse. He nailed me pretty good.

The other driver and I are both OK and I know that's the important thing. Still, it pisses me off that after 10 years and 210,000 miles I lose my truck because of a bonehead move by another driver.

Oh, well........

Frank N

CFL
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Gald you're ok. I had the same thing happen to me back in March. I was 1/2 mile from work when I got hit by an illegal. It took a couple of days but the soreness kicked in pretty bad.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Brain wow sorry to hear that. Least your okay which as you agree is the main thing. Vehicles can be replaced people can't!

Electric Sheep

Dsicle - BoM Dec 06
Rating - 100%
58   0   0
Man, glad to hear you're okay! Luck was definately on your side...maybe NOW is the time to buy a lotto ticket?

Hope everything works out for ya!

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Holy cow! Man, you just never know, do you? Glad to hear you are ok. Gonna be sore for a couple of days, though. Kick back and have some coffee and a cigar while trying to relax!

avid toker

Regulator
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Brian, it could have been worse. Glad to hear you're OK. Liek you said, that's the most important thing. But look on the bright side, now you get to buy a new truck. Do I hear more coffee specials coming up?

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Thanks guys!

Kick back and have some coffee and a cigar while trying to relax!
I'm doing that now. Well, coffee anyway. I have to go into town in a few minutes to get all my stuff out of the truck and then head into the office to try to get some work done. I also have to be at the office to take delivery of 416lbs of green coffee. Now I just have to figure out how I'm going to get 3 sacks of coffee beans home with no truck.
I forgot to add earlier that the 14lbs or so of coffee I had with me in the truck are OK also! Whew!

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
Yep, on my way to work this morning a guy flew through a stop sign and T-Boned my truck.

The other driver and I are both OK and I know that's the important thing.
Yes indeed ... the most important part of this potentially serious accident. I'm very relieved to hear you were not hurt. I also hope you will get a nice new replacement vehicle.

Ironman

Master Baby Maker-Feb BoM
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Glad the coffee is ok!!!

Oh and you too Brian....are you sure your neck doesn't hurt?

Goes to show you never know what each day will bring.................so live for today!!

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Get well Brian. And yes you will be sore for several days or even weeks. Take it easy for the next 2-5 days and be sure to document everything said to you verbally from the other driver and their insurance company. Document all meds and what you did to get better. If in doubt about getting a lawyer, get one sooner than later to protect your future health and the loss of your truck.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Damn, what a rough morning brian. Glad to hear everyone came out of a potentially bad situation okay.