What's new

Bad newbie cigar purchases

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
So I assume most of us have done this at some point... As you started getting into this as a hobby, purchased cigars that later on you wish you hadn't. They are just hanging out in your humidor taking up space and you have no intention of smoking them, maybe every 6 months or so you will smoke one. What are some of your suggestions on what to do with these cigars that sit in that separate humidor for misfit cigars?

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
So I assume most of us have done this at some point... As you started getting into this as a hobby, purchased cigars that later on you wish you hadn't. They are just hanging out in your humidor taking up space and you have no intention of smoking them, maybe every 6 months or so you will smoke one. What are some of your suggestions on what to do with these cigars that sit in that separate humidor for misfit cigars?
Givem to mooches!

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Givem to mooches!
lol, figured that would be the #1 suggestion

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Or, if they're not dog rockets and just not your thing, you can work out a possible trade once you have access to the marketplace.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
If they are not bad sticks donate them to the troops. ;)
I like this suggestion. actually just did a search on this forum and found similar topics to this one, so we can probably delete this thread. Thanks for the suggestions!

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
If you're me, you leave them in the humi and your stepson will steal them one at a time and sell them to his friends at his high school.
At least he was smart enough not to steal the good ones. :devil:

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Dog rockets I will toss to the random moocher who comes into the shop and only smokes cigarettes and never buys. Of course, haven't had one of those guys in a long time that I've seen. But I'm in the same boat... I have a ton of sticks that I bought years ago when still working up to my current tastes and they were just occupying space in my humi. I've posted them for cheap (I think) on the Marketplace on the off chance someone else finds them to their tastes. Whatever doesn't sell in the long run I'll probably figure out how to donate to the troops (nice suggestion that, I didn't think of that before). I also posted a note that if any of them are dog rockets (since I can't remember a good portion of them) to let me know and I'll send them to the dog rocket heaven (the woods around my house).

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
If you're me, you leave them in the humi and your stepson will steal them one at a time and sell them to his friends at his high school.
mad props for the entrepreneurial spirit, at least?
haha! He didn't tell me about until a couple years later and he was out of high school so I thought it was pretty funny, and entrepreneurial. He sold them for five bucks a piece, which was triple what they were worth.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Givem to mooches!
In the short time I've been smoking, I've already found a few of these! I have a stash just for them.

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I can imagine you would not think it was so funny if he took something you were saving for a special moment

SDShark

BoM May '14
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'm sure it has happened to the best of us! I would save them for buddies who may not finish and or enjoy them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The troops are a great idea! Usually I give them to a friend who doesn't smoke but wants to have one when I light up... But I started buying bags of trader jacks 20 cigars for approx $26 and keep them in a separate small humidor for those fiends now :)