What's new

Bad News

smelvis

Not part of the clique
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
Prayer sent Brother and best of luck, This is happening just to damn much!

danthebugman

BoM Nov '10
Rating - 100%
124   0   0
After speaking with an EDD representative I learned that “thousands of people had also misunderstood the first letter”.
Hmmm, perhaps the government needs to do a better job communicating?

Sorry to hear about this man...I'll keep you in my prayers and wish you the best.

Dan

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Damn shame Clint, hang in there brother. Lot's of good thoughts and prayers sent.

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Hmmm, perhaps the government needs to do a better job communicating?

Sorry to hear about this man...I'll keep you in my prayers and wish you the best.

Dan
Yeah...Unbelievable.

I am grateful for the fact that unemployment exists....Don't get me wrong.

But how about big, bold letters across the top of the letter explaining that this is not a continued claim, but an estimate or projection of what you can expect IF your claim is extended? Then I could have been proactive...Checking in daily to see if it would be extended.

And then not sending (or the postal system losing ??) the second letter.

Still can't believe it....Seems like a bad dream.

Tazman

Tazman in NJ
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Good Luck and prayers sent. I have been without a job over 2ys and I am a certified teacher. My program got cut due to budget issues and that was it. I finally found a part time gig 3 days a week but it barely pays some of the bills.

Tazman

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Clint bro...Keep your head up! You've been an oustanding brother and I truely will wish you the best of luck. I just know things will turn your way very shortly. Prayers sent my friend!

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Damn Clint, I was hoping that disney gig came through for you! Stay diligent brother, Thoughts and prayers.
The Disney opportunity is still up in the air.

I have been hoping and praying that it will come through, as the timing would be Divinely incredible :)

I know that I will come out of all this ahead, and as a better person for it. It's just so difficult to have this happen with no warning and right before Christmas. My daughter is not spoiled by any means, but suddenly wondering how we will buy her gifts is just miserable.

Thanks to you and all who have posted thoughts, Prayers and left me PM's....So grateful to hear from all of you.

It's uplifting to read and re-read these posts, as it truly helps tremendously.....Thank you.