What's new

Bands or No Bands

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So far everything has been 100% intact. I trust the vendors I use, it's just that what I have been looking for so far have come from the ones that send intact.

Box code is #1 on the list for what I'm looking for. Price comes next.

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
I go for intact. The reasons being its easier when tradeing this way the next person knows exactly what they're getting and secondly alot of my purchases are EL's which I think is better to have banded specially if I'm holding to age and maybe later sell.

ehdg

Pulse

Bite me!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
If I order them and they don't come with bands, I put some blanks on and write what they are etc. If I can get them with bands, then I will. Sometimes it's just not an option. :smt102

DocRKS

Herf Doctor
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
If it is a stick I consider sharing - I get intact...I hate giving someone a cigar and starting off with an explanation.....
For my own personal smokes - I know where and whom I get these from - the bands-or re-bands, are not at all important. (Most of my "personal use only" smokes are from Cabs anyway, and until very recently, these came only unbanded...)

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
DocRKS said:
If it is a stick I consider sharing - I get intact...I hate giving someone a cigar and starting off with an explanation.....
For my own personal smokes - I know where and whom I get these from - the bands-or re-bands, are not at all important. (Most of my "personal use only" smokes are from Cabs anyway, and until very recently, these came only unbanded...)
Agree with Doc....I personally don't care if banded since it is for my pleasure and I don't need to be showy. If gifting then that is another matter.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I like getting them intact. I always woud love to have the box. Bands are second. Its nice to have but not necessary

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Cool thread you dug up. I buy 80% unbanded, mostly aged stock. I just happen to like this vendor alot, I like the service and i like the condition of the aged stock, and I trust him and I prefer that over having bands and original boxes.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I used to like non-intact somewhat, but I haven't ordered any non-intact cigars in a while. I'm 100% intact. Hell, I might even pay more to get them intact but I like'm intact.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Thanks for diging up this thread. Interesting to read the responses.

I've only purchased a few boxes, but I prefer intact and banded. Since my collection isn't that large yet, my personal stash and my gifting sticks are pretty much the same population. I prefer to send sticks with bands on and a secondary band with at least the box date on it.

That being said, give that I take the bands off immediately anyway, for my own purposes, it doesn't matter whether banded or not. They do add to the visual experience though.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Good old thread. About 50/50. Used to be 100% banded then I had a scare a while back. Now a careful mix although I love the fathers day sales.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
djs134 said:
Thanks for diging up this thread. Interesting to read the responses.

I've only purchased a few boxes, but I prefer intact and banded. Since my collection isn't that large yet, my personal stash and my gifting sticks are pretty much the same population. I prefer to send sticks with bands on and a secondary band with at least the box date on it.

That being said, give that I take the bands off immediately anyway, for my own purposes, it doesn't matter whether banded or not. They do add to the visual experience though.
If they do come unbanded, or if it's in an older cab, you can take a fine point sharpie and put the relevant info on the cap. Doesn't work so good on the maduro wrapper, but anything with a light color wrapper seems to hold up just fine. This works great with samplers or 5'ers you might happen across when a full box isn't availiable.