What's new

Bar build.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Figured this could be a good place to post this as its our new bar for our patio. I have been wanting to build this for some time now and finally gathered some friends that are much better at this then I and we went at it. Defiantly wouldn't be nearly as well built as we did if it weren't for them. This is 100% all recycled from pallets, only cost was the brews and food I cooked on the grill.

Started with a spare bus nose that I got with my bus.

So we started off with several pallets.

Disassembled them.

Building the structure for it.

We didn't plan this but the boards fit in perfectly.

Rounded out the front.

Storage area

Still more to come on this with some areas and painting it, but for the most part its built!

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks guys. Not sure on the finish yet, I am going back an fourth between a faux patina wood look with a logo on the top that says "The Bulli Bar". A VW Bus is also known as a Bulli.

King Kill 33

BoM Dec '13
Rating - 100%
367   0   0
Hey that's cool Matt. I'm sure you'll be enjoying yourself around that for years to come. Probably didn't cost much to build either. More dough for smokes!

KK33

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks man, yeah it will be around for a long time. Cost of it was a package of Brats, packages of dogs, bag of buns, case of beer and 5 hours of labor! Can't beat that!

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
That's SWEEEET!

You should look at installing some "headlights" to complete the build. You could get actual headlights and run them off a car battery but it might be a little bright. You may also be able to modify some headlights or get glass cut to fit and use a smaller watt household bulb behind it to give it a headlight effect.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
^^^^ Headlights would be cool, but awful bright for a patio bar, would definitely go with a headlight "look" and some normal wattage bulbs or LED's.

Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Thanks guys! Yup headlights are in the list of things to be finished still. We talked about maybe putting them on a dimmer switch as well. Also for a foot rest I may be adding a bumper with bumper guards and bar. So stoked on this. I will update as things get finished on it.

Sent from your mothers phone

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nice build Matt. That looks awesome. Let me know if you want some help in designing that logo.

Would love to do that for you and help get that finishing touch.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Thanks guys! Yup headlights are in the list of things to be finished still. We talked about maybe putting them on a dimmer switch as well. Also for a foot rest I may be adding a bumper with bumper guards and bar. So stoked on this. I will update as things get finished on it.

Sent from your mothers phone
Dude that's awesome speakers with some dynamat would be awesome also.

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
That is one of the sweetest builds I've seen around these parts.. maybe because I just love these vans throw some headlights in there and you're good to go.