What's new

Bariatric Vertical Sleeve + Wait time to smoke a cigar

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Morning all, long time no post. Things have changed for me over the last couple years and I've been a little busy. Most recently I had the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy (VSG) procedure. I planned on doing this three years ago but as luck would have it I lost my job about the same time I had my last check in appt. Needless to say I put it off.
Im a little over two weeks out of surgery and now we are dealing with this Coronavirus thing.

My question for the BOTL that have had the VSG procedure. How long did you wait till you lit up your first smoke post surgery?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'd be curious to hear what your doctor recommends about smoking cigars? I've never been brave enough to ask them.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
As expected there is never an answer. I have been handed the same pamphlet for quitting smoking at every visit the subject of smoking ever came up at. At every visit I hand it back. He asked me to stop smoking a month before my surgery and I stopped a few months before my surgery (primarily due the cold weather - which would have happened anyway).
My wounds are 95% healed (only one that has a small scab) and I've moved on to soft foods. The most common response to the need to stop smoking post surgery is for the healing. The move to soft foods is a sign that the healing is moving along.

Rating - 100%
143   0   0
I've never had that particular surgery, but the few I have had, I waited until the incisions were healed. Usually 2 weeks, one may have been closer to a month.