What's new

Basil Hayden or Buffalo Trace & Why

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Thanks fam. So I pulled the trigger on the BH and it enjoyed it neat. Looking to pair it with a Four Kicks when I get back from the Cal versus Grambling game today.

Will be on the lookout for Evan Williams next time around.

Rating - 100%
15   0   0
As fate would have it, there is a really good article (in this novice's opinion) on bourbon, its comeback and pairing. Just wanted to share that.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
BH all day long.

BT is good too, just rough around the edges. I love them both but if I had to pick, it's BH every day, every time.

Edit : while sipping on a glass of Evan Williams single barrel :)

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
BH all day long.

BT is good too, just rough around the edges. I love them both but if I had to pick, it's BH every day, every time.

Edit : while sipping on a glass of Evan Williams single barrel :)
Evan Williams Single Barrel is really a steal in my opinion as long as you are happy with that years release. I absolutely love the 2004 (that was released in 2014), and still have a few bottles. On the other hand, the 2005 that was released this year was just so-so. There is some variation within a year as well, but very minor compared to between years IMHO.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love both. I taste all my whiskeys neat first. Add a rock, and taste again, repeat. Like most of the l other guys, I like a lot of different bourbon for different reasons. Just between these two choices, Basil Hayden is the better neat bourbon.
*as an aside, I never mix these bourbon with anything but ice. Jim beam or old GrandDad are for mixing. IMHO. Drink up and enjoy!