What's new

Bbm

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
Nobody said anything negative about the group, just the hardware that runs it. You can't deny it's the most out of date technology. No amount of great guys can change that.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Jim is right, Craig. Hasan just wanted to extend a friendly invitation to anyone that may want to join BBM, and you guys came out swinging like we were starting a Swisher fan club or something. Bad form, especially considering you were in BBM & know first hand it's a great group of generous guys.
But your 3 posts here are ok, got it.....

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
I agree J, Blackberry isn't the latest and greatest, which is why I said loving Blackberry isn't a requirement to join (unless Jim gets his way :)), but KickinD's reaction below is what troubled me about the comments.

Doubt I want to admit to having a BB after all this, but it is work issued, so not my choice.
Craig, don't see where any of my comments in this thread could be taken as bashing any other platform, and I was just a bit surprised at the comments coming from you & J, as said above. Came off a bit "cock-blocky" for lack of a better term.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
lighten up big fella
+1

I've never chimed in on this topic but thought it was funny how you guys always gave each other crap about it. Just thought I'd make a comment, no mean intent at all. Didn't think anyone took offense to the BS'ing and I thought it was just a good way to keep the topic towards the top of the page. No more from me, sorry.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Craig, don't see where any of my comments in this thread could be taken as bashing any other platform, and I was just a bit surprised at the comments coming from you & J, as said above. Came off a bit "cock-blocky" for lack of a better term.
One last comment and I am done with this. J and I no longer have a BB because... well... the phone sucks(IMO). I still am in a group with most of the guys using a cross-format app, so be appauled by "bad form" if you want, but it was in no way any reflection on the guys I call friends, just a few lighthearted jokes about the phone. Good luck.

Rating - 100%
91   0   0
No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to turn the thread serious or start any argument. And honestly, I expected to see some ball-busting when I heard Notso created this thread. I just wasn't expecting to see quite so many comments from former BBMers & it caught me by surprise.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well I was serious in that I have a BB and would join, but have never used BBM. Is it just a small instant messaging platform?

I also wasn't completely serious, as I took it as pretty good ball bustin'. I hate the damn thing just as much, and frankly if I can find a use for it other than work email I might start liking it.

BigFoot

Jose
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
One last comment and I am done with this. J and I no longer have a BB because... well... the phone sucks(IMO). I still am in a group with most of the guys using a cross-format app, so be appauled by "bad form" if you want, but it was in no way any reflection on the guys I call friends, just a few lighthearted jokes about the phone. Good luck.
Come back craig, being one of the original 11 bbm guys I'd love to k ow more about this cross app. I left bb long time ago..