What's new

BBQ Chicken

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I am somewhat of a BBQ/Smoker fanatic. I smoke ribs, brisket, pulled pork, country style ribs, ETC.
I am also pretty damned good on the charcoal and gas grill.
I was at Sams Club the other day, and came across Mr. Yoshidas Marinade and Cooking Sauce, Sweet and Savory Style. The ingredients were pretty damned close to a recipe that I had been using. I got the recipe from a BBQ board. Everyone was going apeshit over this marinade recipe.
anyway, I bought a jug to try out. The only thing that I add is some Saucy Susan/duck sauce to the mix. I let my chicken soak in the marinade for a few hours. Then I cook using indirect heat. 2 burners to the right of the grill get turned on too med-high. chicken goes on the other end of the grill.
I also soak hickory chips in water for about an hour, put them in a foil pouch, poke some holes in the pouch, and put the pouch over the 2 lit burners. the chips go on the grill about 20 mintes before i start the chicken.
I cook chicken parts, so usually takes about 45 minutes or so to cook. i baste the chicken a few times with the marinade, and turn a couple of times. i always use an instant thermometer to make sure that the chicken is cooked fully.
the only reason i am posting this is because i have been told by a few people that this was the best BBQ chicken that they ever ate. the marinade is AWESOME. i will add some pics later on.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
turned them over, basted them, now will let them go for another 15 minutes. bone side is up now.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
They look awsome!
I have to ask, I too have a gas grill and do the same method with the wood chips in a tin foul pouch. the bags say no need to soak the wood chips, do think it is better to soak them or not.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
yes, i always soak the chips. makes them last longer. you get a smoky, slow burn.

after my last turn, i gave the chicken a final coat of the duck sauce/marinade mix. i went heavier on the duck sause to make a thicker glaze.

anyway, my cousin was over for dinner. he had one bite, and said it was the best that he ever had.

here is the final picture

Attachments