What's new

BCS National Championship Tickets

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...I am a huge college football fan. BOOMER SOONER! I am looking forward to watching my boys make it to the BCS Championship bowl...As long as the "committee" doesn't do any monkey business.

I am looking through all the different ticket agencies online to see about getting some tickets to the Championship game in advance with faith that Oklahoma will make it. I have not done much ticket buying before, so I figured I would see if anyone had any ideas about which sites are best for getting tickets, if there are ways of getting cheaper tickets than the $650 ones I am seeing online, or if Oklahoma did not make it to the game what the ability to resell a ticket would be.

I have only ever used stubhub once for a football game during the regular season. I had a good experience, but it was more of a want em, got em cheap situation.

Any impute/sharing of knowledge would be welcomed!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I don't have a lot of experience myself, but I was looking last year for tickets to the Big ten championship game in Indianapolis (go bucks!, but not this year sadly) and was about to buy from stubhub. When I got to the point in the checkout process where it asked for a coupon code I figured I would see if I could find something on Google for stubhub. I didn't, but it caused me to find the vendor tickpick.com. It costs sellers a bit less to list on there so you might get better or cheaper seats. That's where I ended up buying tickets from, and It's worth doing a search on there to see if there is anything better/cheaper than stubhub.

There's also the teamtix site, where you can bid on the rights to buy a ticket to particular game based on a team you choose. If that team makes it, you get to buy the ticket at face value. It's possible at this point that a right to a ticket for Oklahoma there is still not too bad, but if you win then you still need to cough up the cash for the seat at face value, which is probably not cheap itself, and if Oklahoma doesn't make it you paid for nothing. Depends on how confidant you are or how much of a betting person you are, haha.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I would think if you buy them ahead of time, and your team doesn't make it, you shouldn't have too much difficulty reselling. As long as you resell at face value or even be able to take a loss. Because you took the risk of buying tix ahead of time.

Or wait til you know if they make it. Probably will be a lot of people sitting in your shoes who bought ahead of time and their team did not make it, so they will be looking to sell. And maybe you can buy from them. But then you take the risk of not getting tix.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the suggestions! Looks like I will have some homework to do this evening. My folks live in Phoenix, so I was figuring I could kill two bird with one stone. Let the grandma babysi....spend time with the kids while Grandpa and Dad go to the game!