What's new

Beads, Beads, Beads

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have this 200-count humi and I am ready to move to beads as I am experiencing temperature/humidity fluctuatiuons that I never did with my sealed units.

I am ready to go to beads and I am in need of a blow-by-blow description of what I should be doing.

A little help here please?

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
beads are easy. i use heartfelt 65%. i like the bags,but the tubes are nice too. just add a little distilled water and let them work their magic.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I am placing my order on Friday for four of these.

So, if I understand correctly, I can place my drimistat sticks in my two other desktop humis and I have nothing else to worry about. Right?

Attachments

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I am placing my order on Friday for two of these.

So, if I understand correctly, I can place my drimistat sticks in my two other desktop humis and I have nothing else to worry about. Right?
you usually don't have to worry about drimistat but sometimes they don't quite provide the RH advertised. They also won't absord moisture that's why the beads are far better. so if you live in a dry climate you should be fine. I used a combination of both in my desktops till i finally switched totally to beads. I use the drimistat tubes for travel humidors now.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
beads are easy. i use heartfelt 65%. i like the bags,but the tubes are nice too. just add a little distilled water and let them work their magic.

Ditto. I used cheaper gel-beads at first, but had trouble keeping a stable rH. Since I switched to Heartfelt beads I have had zero problems. He makes a truly great product.

Rating - 100%
596   0   0
if you use beads in all your humidors,look at 'em when you take a cigar out,if at least half of them are clear you're good you're go!