What's new

Beads in Wooden Desktop Humidor

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have good success using beads in their wooden desktop humidors? They work great for me in my sealed storage container, but not so well in the wooden humidor. I keep Dominicans there that I like at 68-70%, and always have to go back to a Xikar PG unit to maintain that RH.

Thanks!

Rating - 100%
144   0   0
I use beads in my desktop and they hold it at 68rh consistantly, I noticed you do need a decent amount a bead surface area for them to work well, which is sometimes hard to find the room in the humi, I cut out the bottoms of solo cups and use a couple of those throughout with beads in them, I gave them a decent amount of water at first but now they just need a spraying every so often.

iCraig

Cigars, hockey, and beer.
Rating - 100%
69   0   0
Could be your humidor isn't properly sealed like your storage container. I'd bet it's the humidor, not the beads that is the problem.

Walter

Scott
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I have used beads in my desktops for a long time and never had any problems. I keep mine in mesh bags to maximize surface area and humidity stays constant with just the occasional spray. If you are using the same beads that you had in your storage containers you should get the same humidity in your desktop. I agree with Craig you may have a leak somewhere in your humidor.