What's new

Beads

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i was thinking about getting some of the beads to use. for the 2 years ive been smoking cigars i have used the foam and pg solution.do the beads work pretty well?

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
They work perfectly but take away the need to constantly monitor your humidity. This could come across as a drag initially because you might feel like a part of the "fun" of maintaining your humidor is gone...they are virtually maintenance free.

jcgoldner

Jan '06 BoM
Rating - 100%
63   0   0
I agree! You'll find that most procedures and products work just fine. It all comes down to how much maintenance you want to provide. The beads require very little of your time.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Viper is a great guy with great products. You can email him anytime with a question and he will be happy to answer you. If you are unsure of how much you would need for a particular humidor, he is happy to help with that as well. Using the beads will make it much easier to maintain your humidor.

I had used them for quite a while prior to getting my cabinet humidor which has an electronic humidification system in it. Even with this, I plan on getting some beads as a backup system. With the frequent power outages here during hurricane season I don't want to be left hanging. No Power = No Humidification :wink:

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never really used them personally But I have heard nothing but good things. Low maitnance.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
Switched to beads just recently and they are the shiznit! Perfect 65% every time I look, once they stabilize. It took about three days to stabilize and they have held at 65% since.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Shiba said:
With the frequent power outages here during hurricane season I don't want to be left hanging. No Power = No Humidification :wink:
I think in your neck of the woods, the concern would be DE-humidification. This is why I am leaning to beads also.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Headbanger said:
I think in your neck of the woods, the concern would be DE-humidification. This is why I am leaning to beads also.
That is why I went with beads. The CO+ is great for adding, but not taking away.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
ordered some yesterday... a 1/2 pound for my cooler... there arent enough sticks in there for a pound I dont think....

But I have a feeling I am going to regret the fact that I had not done this earlier...

And thanks Viper....

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I know I will... I have been using the good ol floral foam for awhile and was satisfied for a few years, but the more you open the cooler the harder it gets to get readings close to what you want... or need for that matter...