What's new

bed in a box

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Ive been watching some youtube reviews on some of these beds, most of them seem biased tho.

Wondering if any of you have ever bought these beds that get delivered to your home in a box and expand when you break the seal on the packaging?

Looking to upgrade to a king size bed and was looking at these as an option

Hamm

Bacon
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I have a friend who ordered one about a year ago. He seems to like it and hasn't had any issues.

We were at Costco over the weekend just looking at furniture and ended up buying a king bed and mattress as well. They had the foam one in the box for $50 more than the traditional Serta mattress. I was worried about the long-term durability with the full foam one, so we ended up with the regular mattress.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I have a friend who ordered one about a year ago. He seems to like it and hasn't had any issues.

We were at Costco over the weekend just looking at furniture and ended up buying a king bed and mattress as well. They had the foam one in the box for $50 more than the traditional Serta mattress. I was worried about the long-term durability with the full foam one, so we ended up with the regular mattress.
yeah Sams club has the bed in a box from serta (i think) for about the same price. But i wonder if the foam holds up well after a few years, specially around the edges.

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Not sure if it's the same thing you're talking about, but I bought my daughter's mattress on Amazon and it came in a box. Much cheaper option than heading to a mattress place. While not the best thing in the world, it will suffice for her. The way they vacuum seal the mattress is actually pretty awesome. I'm not sure if I would buy one for my wife and I, as we like to "test and feel" before we buy.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
Not sure if it's the same thing you're talking about, but I bought my daughter's mattress on Amazon and it came in a box. Much cheaper option than heading to a mattress place. While not the best thing in the world, it will suffice for her. The way they vacuum seal the mattress is actually pretty awesome. I'm not sure if I would buy one for my wife and I, as we like to "test and feel" before we buy.
Yeah those are basically it, have you noticed any warping around the edges or anywhere on the foam?

btubes18

The Thing
Rating - 100%
149   0   0
Yeah those are basically it, have you noticed any warping around the edges or anywhere on the foam?
Nope, had it for only a few months though. So far, my daughter loves it and both my wife and I have accidentally fell asleep in it and I thought it was pretty comfy.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I bought one of those for my daughter and it was a decent mattress. My problem is I probably didn't spend enough on it as it is decently hard. No deformation on the mattress or the edges after a couple of years, and I have slept on it a few times. No issues after that either.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I have bought 2 of the Night Therapy mattresses with bi-fold box springs from Sam’s Club. My son took the first one with him when he moved out so I bought another one when we turned his old room into the guest bedroom. He has had his for about 2 years now with no issues. The set up was easy on the box spring and the mattress was fully decompressed in about a day.

Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I have a good friend who has 50 years in the Mattress business, his wisdom goes like this.

Mattress use to last 15 years or more.

In the old days you use to be able to flip bottom to top, top to bottom that having two sleeping surfaces.

Today you might get 5 - 7 years out of an mattress.

Today it is impossible to find an old school mattress.

Today everything is pillow tops, with memory foam.

Standard BS warranty is if you mattress fails. There must be a 1.5" depression in the mattress, under no stress. Still if you are sleep in a 6 inch depression, but the mattress return to less than 1.5". There will say it is not mattress failure.

A company Mattress Firm is trying to control 90% of the US mattrass market, their sales people are trained to fib. IMHO.

My last mattuss was foam from IKEA it is about two year old, no problems. It predacessor was from a companies who warranty was work about as much a GMC Bonds. Nothing, it failed, and we were told sorry you are SOL. Company is still in business, salesm,an is still there, telling lies.

Some Wal-Marts are opening in store bedding shops check it out. Selling mattresses.