What's new

Been a while gents, here's what I've been doing

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted some pics & links a while back regarding my cigar tobacco grow operations. Well this past weekend I began blending and rolling in earnest. I've now sampled several of my cigars (friends too) and I am blown away. I am not sure I will be able to go back to "normal" or "conventional" store bought cigars. I am dead serious. Most of the strains I've grown are "heirloom" tobaccos originating from the late 1800's and early 1900's, most of Cuban origin. Most of these strains were what was in wide use "back in the day" but long obsolete as newer, more disease resistant, easier to produce strains were developed. This old heirloom stuff is amazing. Light but full of flavor, some with flavors I've never tasted before that I like to imagine were what premium cigars tasted like a century ago.

All the care, hassle, learning curves, watering, battling bugs/squirrels/storms, picking, hanging, fermenting, storing, aging, and everything else, was WORTH IT. I just finished smoking a 52 ring 6" cigar I rolled last weekend with Glessnor filler & binder & a Florida Sumatra wrapper and it was out of this world on all levels.

Anyways I thought I'd visit and post this. Here's a pic of a few sticks I rolled tonight, and also a link to my entire 2011 grow ops photodiary. (Needless to say I already have a bunch of seedbeds planted for the 2012 grow year.) Yeah they're UGLY but they taste great! I'm getting better at rolling with each one I roll.

[ame="http://s1234.photobucket.com/albums/ff419/Tektremis/2011%20Tobacco/"]2011 Tobacco pictures by Tektremis - Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
This is amazing!!!!

I am blown away. Excellent job on the grow opps!!!

It's great to hear that the gars taste great. Remember, looks aren't everything. If they were I'd be one lonely dude. (Just go to my profile page and you'll see that I don't look significantly different than my avatar.)

Rupe

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Very cool. Any chance you'd send a sample out to one of the experience reviewers here? Congrats!

Last edited:

JDog

BoM Nov '12 & May '13
Rating - 100%
423   0   0
Thank you for sharing the complete photo album... yeah, I was wondering how this was progressing. Looks great and glad to hear that they are smoking to your expectations.

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Wow those are some ugly sticks! Haha!

Seriously though - I've followed this & I've got nothing but respect for all the hard work & effort you've put into this! I'm truly impressed - Congratulations on your finished product - I'm happy that it all paid off for you! Enjoy!!!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
That's great work my man! A co-worker of mine has grown his own stuff and rolled some. He's doing a great job, but yours look much better. Most of his are plugged and bland, but he keeps trying and he's having a blast doing it. I admire him for trying, and he's getting better at it over the past couple of years. He's explained the process to me, and I admire him. I wish I had the space and the patience :)