What's new

Been away for a bit.....

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
So as active as I've been in the past and for the last almost 5 years I really trailed off this last few months. Back in September I found out my wife had started a relationship through Twitter with a guy from NH. His name is Brooks Young of the Brooks Young Band (they kind of suck if you ask me). I was trying to make things work with her and I knew computer time was a claimed issue. Her adultery had just progressed beyond where I could forgive her and give her a chance again. Well I decided on Sunday night this past weekend I don't want to make it work with her anymore. We are already in the middle of the divorce process but I am pushing to complete the process. I want to be free of this lying betraying horrible person that I had once loved and devoted seven years of my life to. The two of them deserve each other because their adulterous relationship is based on lies and dishonesty. I don't want to be part of a relationship like that anymore so these two idiots can do whatever they want.

So needless to say I'm back. My cigar smoking became rare and infrequent due to nagging, well I am getting very well acquainted with my smokey treats. I feel good. My head is high, and I am moving forward confident and strong. I don't have a naysayer to hold me back anymore. I will be trying to make some long held dreams happen or at least get things in motion for my dreams to begin happening. I anticipate a pretty awesome year ahead of me as I look forward. The sound of my recent past will be the beat of my feet on the ground taking me forward to exciting things.

Rating - 100%
127   0   0
Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear of your troubles, you will or already have come out stronger in the end.

Funny, I was just thinking to myself where you had been. Usually I see you around the beer threads too. BTW, awesome job on Dirt Wolf. Killer American/DIPA bought a few 4 packs already and its been moving pretty quick off the shelves.

Best
James

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Sorry to hear that brother, but glad you're back. You obviously already know what a great place this is, and how therapeutic this can all be. I hope that you continue to find peace.

Welcome back, and hey, I'm sure that band blows too.

-Jared

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Welcome back, bro. Just gotta keep your head high & stay positive. Know that you've got lots of brothers here to lean on as well.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I know there is a bunch of awesome dudes here, why do you think I am back in full force!? I came here for camaraderie back when I was a lone cigar smoker as a young airman stationed in Turkey.

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Stay strong brother sounds like you already are. We are here for you I have been through the same crap.

"Life's journey is not to arrive in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, "Shouting....Holy Shit....what a ride!"

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
Hey, man!

Very sorry to hear of the reason behind your absence, but vey glad to see you back :)

Will pray that you continue to heal and be restored...Sounds like you are in a good state of mind after making a good decision.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Really sorry to hear about the issue...I won't even call it a loss because it sounds like you're about to really kick some ass. Good things come to good people, remember that

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Dude, I'm really sorry to hear about this. And you are right, Brooks Young does suck.

If you ever find yourself coming to San Diego, hit me up. Mi casa es su casa. We can hit some breweries, herf by the pool, bbq or whatever... This place is an awesome cyberspot, and you were one of the dudes I looked up to when I first joined. Stay strong, and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Way to be man, keep your head up... it's her loss. She'll be pissed one day when you're a big shot brewer and her new boyfriend is fucking around with other women. Karma is a biotch.

Good to see you man, been wondering about ya.

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
That sucks and sorry to hear it, but it sounds like you have a positive attitude and outlook which goes a long way. Look forward to seeing you around more often.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
sorry to hear about your troubles but life's to short to go through it being miserable and unhappy. oh and FYI in case you haven't heard E started up a new site you may have some interest in beerfora.com

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I can't wait to brew my first judgement free batch of homebrew after thanksgiving. She'll be gone when I get home from spending the holiday with my parents and family. It's very exciting for me right now.

I'll swing over to the beerfora site to check it out. I was on my phone all last night and registering through my phone for a site is a pain in the butt.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
dude, welcome back, and best of luck with a new and better chapter! i hate where you been with this, but hope we can help you along with where you're going. o)

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
It's easy for site transfers. Your botl login and pass transfer. Tapatalk too.

As for the home brew. It should be very therapeutic. An opportunity for clever naming scheme also.

Glad your using this whole deal as a motivator. Wish you luck in the coming year and welcome back.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
As I get her to pack up her crap that I never wanted in the house I realize how little space I took up in the home. I got bitched at for my homebrew stuff which took up a closet for fermentation and space for equipment in the garage. I had half a wall closet for clothes and a single dresser. The rest of the house was her shit. This keeps getting better and better.

I forsee a wet bar build in my "sunroom" on the back side of my house that will be converted into my own smoking lounge. I will put a one way vent pipe end to let HVAC in but not let smoke into the house. Then I will reverse the opening of my french doors separating the room and add doors that seal which open into my dining table area off the kitchen. Then because of how my house is set up I can easily run a drain and water supply from my kitchen sink area right to the wet bar area if I keep it on the adjacent wall. I will have my standard draft system as well as a cask system in the bar with all my booze on shelves with my glasses out on display. There will be bar height square table (probably build it myself) and a couple chairs. It'll be sweet! Of course that's down the road because unless I get a job closer to home I will not have much $$$ to spend due to my commute to work.

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
Yeah I found this out. I tried registering and it said "that email is already in use". Then I tried to sign in as normal and boom I was in and everything was the same.

It's easy for site transfers. Your botl login and pass transfer. Tapatalk too.

As for the home brew. It should be very therapeutic. An opportunity for clever naming scheme also.

Glad your using this whole deal as a motivator. Wish you luck in the coming year and welcome back.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk