What's new

Been lurking

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've been pretty impressed with what you guys have been up to around here and I think I'd like to give it a shot. I'd be interested in buying a Small starter box of materials from anyone who may be interested in getting a new guy started. Maybe enough to roll a box. Thanks.
Brandon
Go here : http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Whole-Leaf-Cigar-Blends_c30.htm and pick a blend. Just thirty bucks includes filler, binder, wrapper & glue, and it comes in super sacks that will keep your leaf fresh. For equipment, all you need is a pizza cutter or an ulu out of the kitchen to cut the leaves, your cigar cutter to square off the ends of your cigar, a spray bottle to moisten wrapper, and a surface to work on. Lots of things can make a surface, like an old cutting board, and unpainted shelf board, a formica top, most anything. My current fave is a one by two foot tile from Home Despot that cost me $2.65... whatever looks smoothest and is impervious to your cutting. That's all you need & you're good to go. Don't even worry about cutting caps or making flags or distilled water or molds or blah blah any other horse pebbles. Just get started. Naked aborigines did it on a smooth rock with a shark tooth, so what the hell, right?

I hope to work on a video today especially aimed at raw beginners. This may finally be the weekend I finally have time to do it. We'll see.

Rating - 71.4%
6   2   0
Go here : http://wholeleaftobacco.com/Whole-Leaf-Cigar-Blends_c30.htm and pick a blend. Just thirty bucks includes filler, binder, wrapper & glue, and it comes in super sacks that will keep your leaf fresh. For equipment, all you need is a pizza cutter or an ulu out of the kitchen to cut the leaves, your cigar cutter to square off the ends of your cigar, a spray bottle to moisten wrapper, and a surface to work on. Lots of things can make a surface, like an old cutting board, and unpainted shelf board, a formica top, most anything. My current fave is a one by two foot tile from Home Despot that cost me $2.65... whatever looks smoothest and is impervious to your cutting. That's all you need & you're good to go. Don't even worry about cutting caps or making flags or distilled water or molds or blah blah any other horse pebbles. Just get started. Naked aborigines did it on a smooth rock with a shark tooth, so what the hell, right?

I hope to work on a video today especially aimed at raw beginners. This may finally be the weekend I finally have time to do it. We'll see.

I will do just that.

Jan Bynens

Moscca
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's always nice to see someone wanting to start rolling. Be sure to check out http://fairtradetobacco.com/forums/69-Cigar-Forum as well.
Indeed, I remember the feeling !
I remember I asked at that time on the FTT forum if it was possible to roll top cigars yourself.
I never got a " sure thing" answer, but nevertheless I give it a try. Now, after more or less two years, I can say, Yes you can.
Technique you can master easily in 6 months, rolling once a week. Even less.
But for the most important part you have to do nothing !
Just age your tobacco for at least 1 year or more, and your cigars between 2 and 6 months.
Good luck, plenty of people here to help you out !!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I remember I asked at that time on the FTT forum if it was possible to roll top cigars yourself.
I never got a " sure thing" answer, but nevertheless I give it a try. Now, after more or less two years, I can say, Yes you can.
Just age your tobacco for at least 1 year or more, and your cigars between 2 and 6 months.
I think I remember that.. ello es una especie de pregunta retórica .. things are a little different over here. That's why this will always be the hot spot for us I think. I like to stay in touch, ¿sí? bien dicho! manténganse al tanto .. I see you just posted over there.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I strongly agree with these ideas. Although I've found that another magic aging thing can happen at 7-10 months, too.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well, I made a new vid yesterday, but it is eminently discardable. Bad camera angle. Couldn't see the right stuff. Got to rig a way to attach the cam to my noggin, I think. Was gonna try a new one today, but I got a crapload of new programming projects this morning via email... so.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Item Condition: New other (see details)

details:
A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Eleven clams buy now; 99 cents bid.

You got one of these same glasses? Do they work? How long of a recording can you make? Records sound? Why can't they spell camera? Do the sellers do business out the back door of Motel 268?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Item Condition: New other (see details)

details:
A new, unused item with absolutely no signs of wear. The item may be missing the original packaging, or in the original packaging but not sealed. The item may be a factory second or a new, unused item with defects. See the seller's listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

Eleven clams buy now; 99 cents bid.

You got one of these same glasses? Do they work? How long of a recording can you make? Records sound? Why can't they spell camera? Do the sellers do business out the back door of Motel 268?
It was kind of a quick post..
I went with the exact same type, two of the buy-it-now free shipping ones. because this one, w/shipping, is nearly the same price.
they were new, you'll need a card, get less then 8GB, anything higher will blow up. I got a few 4GB. you've seen my POV videos. they go till they run out of charge.. plenty long. HD 720. takes pix too. came in 5 days.
To get the right positioning, A tip; (I taped them midway on the ear rest of my reading glasses so that they sit on the tip of my nose to get the angle. and it takes a second to not move your head around to much) they are small enough to mount to anything..

You want these things!!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
..sorry about the tread hijacking..
Sometimes a good thread is more like a campfire than a classroom.

I already jumped on a couple of accessories for my Sony Action Cam. One is a harness that attached the cam to your chest. The other is a band that attaches it to your head. Should both be here by Thursday. Tell you, I'm getting motivated. Too many vids for experts & none for total newbs.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
..real talk..
I already jumped on a couple of accessories for my Sony Action Cam. One is a harness that attached the cam to your chest. The other is a band that attaches it to your head. Should both be here by Thursday. Tell you, I'm getting motivated. Too many vids for experts & none for total newbs.
nice, I can hardly wait!

Rating - 100%
6   0   0

Made three vids today. Discarded them all. Tough to keep just the right camera angle going from start to finish. Will try again tomorrow. I need to channel the BlissMan here to get this done.